California-Los Angeles

Make up Artist

As you all might know, I've been looking for a make-up artist and I thought I found her but I think, not. We've had bad communication problems...everytime she would tell me she'd call me back or email me "by the end of the day" it would not happen. I understand she is busy but she could at least tell me she'd call me back another time. Besides she left me on a hang on saturday for trial. Too bad because I liked her make up work. =\So, I have recruited to Valerie St. George ( I also forgot who mentioned her) she is located in Burbank and will travel. Anyway she quoted me for hair and make up for $200 not too bad right? but it does not include trial, trial is $100 for hair and make up. Is that good?Also if you've heard of her work, I'd like to know. TIA

Re: Make up Artist

• SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear things didn't work out with that make up artist. But I'm sure whoever you go with will be great :) Valerie was at a bridal show I went to at the Castaway and she looked like she did good work, but I didn't talk to her because I wasn't looking for hair/make up at that time. That's what I'm paying for my hair and make up. $100 for each hair and make up then $100 for trial, so $300 total. I think it's a fairly good price. Not the cheapest, but a little less than the max I wanted to spend. I think somewhere between $250 to $350 is about normal.
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THanks SMHubbard, also I'm not sure about airbrushing. hehe... Oh guess what? I'm going for food tasting today =) Was it fun? haha
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're very welcome! I originally wanted to do airbrushing because I have this idea in my head that it makes you flawless, but I didn't want to spend the extra money haha. And woohoo for food tasting! What are you guys going to try? We did prime rib and chicken oscar (which I didn't care for). The only thing I didn't like was that we didn't get the option to try all the starches, just the two they gave us. But we've eaten there before and I imagine they are the same garlic mashed potatoes.
  • edited December 2011
    Vans, did you ask Christina about her assistant that does make up? I have NOT seen her work and maybe you have. Maybe its another avenue you can take. I'm really considering her because I like the fact she will touch you up all day ( I have an extremely oily face). Of course I want to see her work first. Sorry to hear about the previous make up artist, it really sucks when they aren't responsive!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
    SMHurbbard- We are trying the New York Steak and the Sirloin I think...fi loves steak and so does my family. We'll see how it goes. Too bad they don't serve the mash potatoes, fi would have liked it. Yeah, we have also had dinner there, so we know it'll be good.xxquemirasxx- I also liked that Christina's assistant will be there for the whole day to touch up (extra $$ though) but I'm a pit picky on make up, I have some pictures of her work...would you like me to send them to you? I just need to look for them.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah that would be great if you could share :) You have my email right? I was planning on asking Christina about it. I know its extra $, now when I asked Christina she said it was $150, but this girl way something else so who knows. I'm also thinking of asking Leah Garcia. I have someone to do my hair, its the makeup which I'm concerned about.
  • edited December 2011
    did you not think much of her work?
  • edited December 2011
    That really sucks - better to find out now instead of on your wedding day.  Okay - I think you said you work in City of Industry and FI is in Brea - I'm going to work with Rubi - she will travel to you too.  She is out of Brea - she had GREAT reviews on Project Wedding too.  Here is her website.  http://www.makeupbyrubi.com/index.html HTH
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vans - Yum, I am a steak girl myself as well. :) Maybe you guys will get lucky and they will make the mashed potatoes. I hope you guys have a good time!
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    vans18 - I was thinking about using Tina's assistant to.  Could you send me the photos as well.  Email is knot name at gmail.comTIA
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
  • meghanerhartmeghanerhart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vans- I know who you are talking about and ive been having those same problems :( Im way bummed because i too enjoyed her work. She did email me last night asking to schedule a trial after ive been asking for the past few weeks... I responsed but nothing back yet :/ Let me know who you decide to go with :)
  • ericaberryyericaberryy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no :( This is who im hoping to go with :( aww man this sucks, i like her work too and she seems so nice. awww
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Ay, Amor, Tu Eres Mi Religion.... -MANA Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards