Illinois-Chicago

John Andrews Photography??

Anyone used John Andrews photography??  Recommendations?TIA!

Re: John Andrews Photography??

• edited December 2011
    I have not heard of them, but there are a few reviews on weddingwire dot com that you can check out that are all good.
  • edited December 2011
    He was one of the photographers we met with. He is really nice. His work is much more portrait looking than journalism looking. We thought about using him for engagement pictures since he specialized in portraits but found another that had engagement pictures and was willing to travel for our date. He gets great reviews on wedding wire like the previous poster said.
  • edited December 2011
    Andrew is our photographer and we absolutely LOVE him. He specializes in photojournalistic photography and just won an international award on some of his wedding pieces he submitted. He's also really laid back and professional which we really appreciate. There were a couple brides that used him last year which is actually how we heard about him but they aren't on here very much anymore. I actually just got my engagement picture proofs from him today and we just love them! You can email me at aemayer@yahoo.com and I can email you the link if you are interested in seeing them. Good luck!
  • Marks_DarlingMarks_Darling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  We used John Andrews for our engagement and wedding pics and LOVED him.  Personally, I don't find his pics to be very "portrait-y" - I think his work is timeless, my husband and I loved it.I have engagement pictures and wedding pictures in my bios if you'd like to check them out.  Andrew was even nice enough to take pictures for us to use on our save-the-date postcard.  We met downtown and this actually turned into a mini engagement session and we ended shooting pictures all over the loop (basically turning it into engagement session #2 for us).  He definitely didn't have to do that, he just goes above and beyond.  On the day of our wedding, he came early, left late and couldn't have been more easy going.  He turns your pictures around fairly quickly and communication is a breeze.    He's also shot a couple of friend's weddings, everyone has been just as pleased as we were.  Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • edited December 2011
    My friend used John Andrews and her pics were great. I think he also gave her free photo sessions for life! you have to buy the pics, but he will shoot a session for free, which I thought was pretty cool. I dont know what sort of package she got though. I was in the bridal party and he was good to work with as well!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards