New Hampshire

I need some help

First off, did anyone lose interest in planning their wedding like a month before. Im just so disinterested in planning now. I just want it to be here!!! Anyway, I need some help. Please recommend your nail place... in the Southern NH area. Im looking to go the day before the wedding with all the girls. Also, I need music help. We are having the hardest time picking out entrance songs. We need something for FI and I and something for the wedding party. Thanks ladies.

Re: I need some help

• edited December 2011
    Amanda - do you have a "regular" nail place? I tried to book with a "fancy" nail place but they ended up not being organized AT ALL. In the end, I decided to go with my regular nail place. It was not "fancy" but the price was right and we were treated so well. My nail tech even threw in a few "extras" for the bride for free. Awesome experience!
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Lily Nails on Amherst St.  It's run by 2 Asian ladies (they're sisters) and they're so cute.  I've found they're really clean and although they can only take 2 people at a time, there are chairs so everyone could hang out together.  I've had a pedi at Innovations (also on Amherst St.) and I actually like the cheaper one at Lily way better.  And the price is great.  I think it's $15 for a mani, $25 for a pedi, and $38 if you get both.  Hope that helps!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I used Grace Nails, in the pheasant lane mall. They werent bad, they were inexpensive because i didnt have her file my own nails down. They werent permanent, because i didnt want them to ruin my nails. I ended up taking them off the day after the wedding. And my nails were not damaged at all. As far as entrance songs, I am obsessed with ac/dc so my bridal party came out to "For those about to rock", i think the message of the song was pretty appropriate for our wedding. We were introduced to Highway to Hell...staying with the ac/dc theme and keeping things light. It also got the evening off to a great night.
  • edited December 2011
    I go to Innovations in Merrimack regularly, but I go to Cassandra in Nashua (DW Hwy) once in awhile too (they give you booze with a pedi !). Both places can seat three at a time. I was lazy with music and at the last minute went with the old standby "Beautiful Day" by U2 and we all came in to it (granted, we were a very small bridal party- 2 sets of parents, 2 sets of attendants, and then us). It went by rather quickly and everyone knows and loves that song and they really get into it.
  • edited December 2011
    I have lost interest from time to time.  I go through phases.  Right now, for instance, I've hit a wall.  Deciding on which table configuration to put in which spot in the room is driving me CRAZY!Losing interest is a common theme right now on the October `09 board, it's not unusual.  You'll snap out of it.Our bridal party is walking in to an instrumental version of "Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas.  We're walking in to "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf.  Our DJ helped us out immensely with this decision. 
  • AmyLou09AmyLou09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Polishing Touch in Londonderry and both Laura and Joyce were fantastic and did a wonderful job on our nails and they were more then accommodating and had mimosas and snacks for us!  I've been back since then and have always received great service.as for music, we had a different song for each couple which I don't recommend as our DJ effed it up and pissed me off.  We were supposed to come out to Weezer- My Best Friend which David picked and I thought was fun.  and yes I think that's normal to lose interest or just be over it.  Your excitement will come back as it gets closer to crunch time I bet!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Um, I am 9 months out and I have lost interest. Oops. I had a bad experience at Grace Nails in the Pheasant Lane the other day. My polish chipped the day after I got my nails done. Other than that, no recs, but I'm glad you asked this so I can get some! FI and I are walking in to "Heaven is a Place on Earth" by Belinda Carlisle (there's the instrumental part toward the end, and then it goes, "Ooooh, baby, do you know what that's worth? Oooh, heaven is a place on earth!" it's pretty amazing). WP will probably walk in to the theme from Friends
  • edited December 2011
    I went to VIP nails on South Willow st in Manchester. They have about 5 working there, very nice atmosphere they serve you wine and play movies for you to watch. I just walked in the day before the wedding. I can't remember the prices but they are about the same you would find at the mall. However you don't get the mall feeling.
  • Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I lost interest in planning a little bit but its only b/c I was planning for 2 years and I also just wanted it to be here. We went to Clarity Nails in Salem. They were awesome there and did a great job on us all! For the parents and wedding party we used "Walk this way". It was a hit! For us we used "Here for the Party" by Gretchen Wilson. We are big country fans so this fit us perfectly. Good luck and hang in there! It will be here soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Puppylove8/21Puppylove8/21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to the Wingate Spa in Straham, for all my mani's, pedi's and massages. It's $29 dollars for a Manicure, which I guess is kinda expensive but I've never had a problem all the years I've been going there. I don't think they do acrylics though, if thats what you are looking to do. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely lost interest in planning about a month before, but it quickly went away when I realized how close it was and stuff needed to be done, lolI can't help with the nail place as I went to a place in Dover. As for entrance songs, we used "Hey Ya!" by OutKast for the parent and the bridal party, for the MOH & BM we used "I'm too sexy", and we came out to "Welcome to the Jungle".
  • edited December 2011
    I did a fancier place for nails rather than your regular nail salon and I so regretted it after.. they were more expensive and didn't even do that great of a job (no scrubbing of the feet on the pedi!!).  I thought it would be more of a relaxing place to go to a spa type place, but in the end a normal nail salon would have been just fine.  Most likely you will be going during the day when they aren't typically too busy anyways, so you and your girls will be able to hang out and chat. We used Black Eyed Pea's "tonights gonna be a good night" for both our bridal party and us.  I loved it.. it was so much fun, and every time I hear it on the radio it puts me in a good mood remembering how awersome our wedding was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards