Maryland-Baltimore

Vendor Reviews

Alright, I want to do this now before I forgetCeremony Venue - Catonsville UMC - B. Things went very smoothly that day, but we had a really hard time communicating with them to set up various things.  Also, we had set our rehearsal for 6:30 PM, and their wedding coordinator didn't show up until 7:30 when we were ready to leave, so we never got to rehearse the ceremony with our music, which made me pretty tense the night before the weddingReception Venue - Overhills Mansion - A+.  They are amazing, and I would recommend them to any bride.  They are extremely accommodating, easy to work with, the food was wonderful, and the ballroom is gorgeous.  Dress and Alterations - Bridals By Elena - A.  They did a great job on my dress, which was hard to alter because there was so much detailing on the front of the bodice.  But it looked great.  The only reason there is no + is because they are a bit on the pricey side, which was stressful at times, but if you can afford them, they are worth it.Photographer - Exclamation Imagery - A, pluses are pending once we get our pictures.  Laura and her assistant, Alicia showed up early the morning of the wedding, and did a great job with getting everyone together for pictures, and at blending in during the reception and ceremony.  Laura was also very easy to get ahold of if I had questions, and just a great person in general.  I can't wait to see what the final result is.DJ - C&J Entertainment, Lenny Chatham - B.  This was really the only vendor we had any problems with, but to be fair, a lot of it wasn't entirely his fault.  He announced our name wrong all night because when he was going through names quickly with the parents as they were getting lined up at the reception, DH's dad told him to use a different pronunciation, because that's what he uses.  But not what DH uses.  He also didn't notice that DH's mom decided to walk in with his dad and stepmom instead of DH's nephew like we originally planned, so he didn't announce her until after they already started walking in to the reception.  Both things were just because of miscommunication, but really, if the bride tells you to pronounce the name one way, you go with that, not what someone else tells you.   The other reason for the B is that there was feedback 3 during the reception and he called my sister by the wrong name when it was time for her to do her toast.   I would still recommend the company, and I know highdee had a great experience with Lenny, but because of all our issues I can't give him higher than a B.Florist - Whole Foods, Annapolis - A+.  Our friend is the florist there, and she did a fantastic job with all the flowers, and the price was beyond amazing.  If you're getting married in the area, definitely consider checking them out. Day of Coordinator - Stephanie Day - A+.  Stephanie is wonderful - she's very organized, easy to get along with, available to answer any questions you have throughout the planning process, especially the week before your wedding when everything seems overwhelming.  The only issue we had was someone missing from our centerpieces, but it really wasn't that big a deal.  Very highly recommend her. Photobooth - Maryland Party Rentals - A.  Probably the biggest hit of the wedding.  Everyone had a great time using it.  They provided an attendant to watch over the booth in the event of any breakdowns or if paper needed to be refilled, but I don't think we had any problems with the booth. Cupcakes - Cakes and Confections - A++++.  I love everything about them.  Everything we tasted was excellent, and they have such a large selection of things for you to try.  They are Annapolis based, and don't travel too far for deliveries, but they did go to Catonsville. Invitations - alaunbydesign.com - A.  They were easy to work with and create what I wanted, and extremely affordable.Hair - Up Do's for I Do's - A+.  I used Ashley, and I loved my hair.  It stayed curly all day, which never happens.  She feels like one of the girls when she's with you that morning, and seems genuinely excited about getting you ready for your wedding.My officiant was my pastor from my home church, so I feel weird rating him, but he did a great job.

Re: Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards