Florida-South Florida

ADVICE TIME!!!

Hi! So I need some advice. Im going to be talking to a vendor of this venue that My FI and I love love love. They want to work with us on size and budget. But since I love it so much I want to say the right things... lol. Any advice on how to talk price down, wording I should use... anything! Thanks.

Re: ADVICE TIME!!!

• edited December 2011
    In my opinion, go in knowing what your budget is, knowing what you want, and be prepared to walk away. You don't HAVE to sign on the dotted line, you have time to go  home and think about things. Find out what the price is and remember you can always negotiate down from there. Don't appear overly eager if you can contain yourself (always my downfall) but otherwise, just get as much info as you can and explain that you are "on a budget" and would love to work with them...
  • cekdancercekdancer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jaime! Will do. My problem will be keeping my smiles and excitement to a minimum. But I will prepare myself to walk away if need be. Your advice was very helpful.
  • muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well honesty always helps.  Saying how much you love their work, acknowledging that they are worth their price, but that you just cannot afford in anyway them is what we did.  Have a price in mind that would work for you and wouldn't be insulting to them. Also be willing to expect less due to the discount, perhaps.  Good luck.
  • audradaromaaudradaroma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also being honest..something like, I love the place but we need to stick to our budget. We are not asking for freebies but what you can take off of your end (sometimes open bar, certain flowers if they are doing them, dessert, time, etc.) to help us reach that. I have found that approach usually works.I have a catering company so I have been on both ends of the bargainning table and what is annoying is when someone begs and pleads for you to basically do the event for free. When someone is aware that you have real costs attached to what you are charging, you can cut out an appetizer, etc...and work with costs on your end. Good luck!!! It is so stressful finding the place I know so I really hope it works out for you.But you should remember that you are the buyer and the conrol is with you.
  • allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  I think its a great idea to be honest and let them know the budget you want to work with and don't act too eager.  Remember it is still a recession so most vendors understand that people's budget may not be so big.  There's always room for negotiations. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards