California-Los Angeles

Ambassador Campus

I haven't heard anything terribly bad about this place.  Can somebody provide any information about this place?  Thank you.

Re: Ambassador Campus

• Selly82Selly82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I've actually toured this place and it is beautiful, and you have lot of options as to where you want the ceremony and reception held.
  • edited December 2011
    I have toured the place too and agree that it is beautiful. Compared to all the other venues that let you BYO, they are actually reasonably priced at 3K, most others I saw were $7k-$20K just to rent the venue. FI did not like that you have to end the reception by 11, you have to bring in everything, including additional lighting and he was also concerned that if it did rain we would have to rent a tent which would be way too expensive. Unlike other venues where you meet one to one with the event coordinator, Ambassador Campus has tours on Saturday, they may have tours other days, I just know about Sat because that is when we went. The coordinator Sylvia was very sweet.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.I already emailed Sylvia, and she told me come by on Saturday.  My fiance and I are thinking about next July or August, but the chance of rain is very very very low in LA.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I agree very low chance of rain in L.A esp in July & Aug. We are getting married in April & even then I still think there is low chance of rain, I think he just said that because he did not want to deal with finding all the other vendors, I on the other hand loved the appeal of being able to bring in everything & Sylvia has a lot of info on the vendors. It's really beautiful :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I just had my wedding at Ambassador Campus over Labor Day Weekend!  It was awesome!!!  I booked it back in December last year and no one had really heard about it then.  It has totally taken off this year!  As of July they had already had over 50 weddings booked for the year!  I loved loved loved having our wedding there.  I am from the Pasadena area so it was special to me to have it in the area.  We had our ceremony and reception in the Italian Garden, the ceremony was on the steps of the mansion.  It worked out so well for us and the fact that you get to choose everything yourself was a definite plus and made things budget friendly.  :)  If you have any specific questions you can email me at my username at gmail dot com.
  • adebord14adebord14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I toured it last weekend, and it is beautiful.  Our biggest concern was how hot it might be.  It was the end of September, but I was still sweating at 11am!!  We are going with an indoor reception for that reason.  They were setting up for another wedding at the time though and it looked great.  GL, Amy
  • amylc2692amylc2692 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Ambassador Campus for my April 17, 2010, wedding! I think it's beautiful and very affordable compared to the other places we looked at. I love that you can have the place all day to decorate - 6 am outdoors, 10 am inside (if you're using the mansion) where other locations you can only have for 4-5 hours and can not get ready there. Have an open mind when you go to visit. Also, the photo permit for your engagement photos is inlcuded in the location fee. My fiance and I just had our photos taken 2 weeks ago and it's such a large campus that there's plenty of shots that will be just for engagement and just for wedding. My wedding planner, Carina of Tealight Weddings, just coordinated a wedding there. Feel free to ask her questions as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I just found out that Pasadena has this crazy restriction that you can't have sound over 65dB in that area.  I looked up the dB chart, and 65dB is equivalent to piano playing.  That is a let down for me.  I'll still check it out regardless.
  • edited December 2011
    That was my wedding that Carina just coordinated at Ambassador!!! How funny!  :)  She is amazing, you are so lucky to have her.  I have to dissagree about the post on the 65 decibles.  That is incorrect info.  We had a rockin party with music until 11pm with no problems.  There was also a second wedding at the other garden the same night and they had a great time too.  Unless you like music blasting so loud you can't hear yourself think, you will not notice the difference!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, this is my first time on the boards, and it's great to read these posts on Ambassador where our wedding will be in just over 4 months. I fell in love with this site and you have all peaked my excitement over this location! Sylvia is definitely, and my only concern with the location is narrowing down the myriad options available with this beautiful property.
  • edited December 2011
    So I checked out the place this weekend, and without any doubts, the place is absolutely gorgeous.amylc2692, since you are having a wedding there next year, I would like to ask you a question about the venue and its contract.  It's the email you see above.  Thanks.
  • dlx81dlx81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is here at the Fowler Garden in January. One of the girls started a thread on project wedding about decorating the area. You might want to search for it.Hope it doesn't rain!
  • edited December 2011
    I looked for a thread, and the thread doesn't exist anymore.dlx81, since you are having the wedding in Jan, can I ask you a question?  Can you email me at the address above?  Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards