African American Weddings

Would somebody please.. Slap Him (vent)

Ok so ladies y'all know how excited I got about the colors Pink Yellow Black and White. Now the Fi says I just can't see black at a wedding. WTF??? I'm sorry but I'm in love and I feel like I've made a compromise with keeping the pink and yellow (which I wanted to change). What do yall think???

Re: Would somebody please.. Slap Him (vent)

• edited December 2011
    Black is elegant and very popular! Why is he against black? Did he say?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No, that he just can't see it. So I showed him a picture of something thats black and fuschia. He says its cute, but I can feel that he is going to say some bs at a later date. I hope not cause I'm fixing to go full steam ahead with the colors.
  • edited December 2011
    Well keep showing him the colors incorporated together and he will definitely change his mind. They are nice colors also I might add. Well hell wasn't his tux gonna be black anyway? lol
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to him earlier and told him instead of the grey linen suits I was talking about when the wedding was supposed to be in july, I wanted the guys to wear black tuxes and the girls to wear little black dresses with sashes or something to incorporate the colors. He was like cool. Now here he comes with this mess. He better go to bed lol. Imma force feed the black and white to his butt.
  • edited December 2011
    Force feeding sounds good to me. He better stop tripping and love that black. Black is a beautiful color!
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel. I tried to add grey/silver to our white, fuchsia, and yellow color scheme and FI wasn't having it. I'm still going ahead with little things that are silver (like our centerpiece holders). When I showed it to FI, he was fine with it and didn't even think twice about it. I think as long as you do it subtly, you can get away with it. =)
  • edited December 2011
    I the black brings elegance to it all.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • edited December 2011
    kristi & adgenya -- have you guys showed your FI the i-boards with your colors so that they can actually see what you are talking about???...men are VISUAL as we all know (wink, wink...LOL!) and sometimes they don't get it until they see it and sometimes touch it (wink, wink...LOL!). ok ladies your lessons are now complete.  **there is an underline meaning behind the above as well as a helpful suggestion to help each of you get your FI to agree to your color scheme suggestions...
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies@Alf come get me off this flo. LMBO!!
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, Chris has seen the one I made. There aren't many pink and yellow iboards out there (without the orange) so it's hard to show him other iboards. In the end I know he cares in a not so caring way which is why I choose to subtly add in the silver (it makes it seem like he's getting his way, and I get my way as well).
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and i finally posted an iboard. it's in my bio under inspiration.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok y'all...i'm kinda taking a different opinion here. I don't think u should force feed. In my experience, people tend to rebel more when they're being forced. I would actually go about it in a subtle manner over time. With pictures and stuff, I'd show him things every now and then when it deals with something black. Tell me if you can see this happening: you enter the room in all your splendor, the guests are awe struck and so is your FI. You take the long walk and finally meet up with the man of your dreams and prepare to say I do. As a tear falls from his eye, he whispers in your ear, "didn't I tell you I didn't want no black at my wedding?" Girl please...LOL! I think you can have your black and have him agree to it if he's not force fed. He'll come around...hopefully!
  • edited December 2011
    @Cat That was hilarious. I won't force it on him, but I will keep showing it to him and black will be on of the colors.Thanks Ladies I truly feel better.
  • edited December 2011
    Correction: Black will be one of the colors.
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love those colors.  Tell him I said to hush and just show up at the wedding and let someone with style i.e you handle the rest. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    Tell him most grooms wear black at their wedding. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards