Massachusetts-Boston

BMs and Cold Weather

Today got me thinking about how absolutely freezing my bridemaids may be for our short outdoor ceremony.  I did buy pashminas but they are alternating red and orange as I figured they wouldn't be wearing them in pics and they are pretty thin. Any ideas for something to keep them warm? These are the dresses. I have toyed with the ideas of renting heaters but it seems silly for a 20-30 minute ceremony.

Re: BMs and Cold Weather

• edited December 2011
    Ha, they way I first read that, I thought by "they are very thin" you meant that your BMs were thin and got cold easily. I have no ideas tho :(
  • jamidandedbjamidandedb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I let my BMs wear long dresses and got them pashmina's with their initials embroidered on them.  My lovely SIL decided "lets not wear them for the ceremony, we'll ruin the pictures"  I responded (as this is 20 minutes before the ceremony) "I got them so you could wear them for the ceremony"  So i made the coordinator bring them out and put them on a chair in case they wanted them.  None of them wore them until after the ceremony.  BTW - it was 55 the day of our wedding with pretty gusty wind.  If you want to get them pashminas, get them for them...and don't ahve them wear them for the pictures if you don't want to.  Just warning that they might not even be worn. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It can still be warm the 1st week of October. I remember it being over 90 one Columbus Day weekend. I think with the pashminas they'll be fine. If it's only going to be 30 minutes I wouldn't worry about it.
  • edited December 2011
    fleece britches? ...I think pashminas are about all you can do. My friend did big ostrich feather boas and they were helpful in the cold in WI in October, but you have to really like feathers. She loves feathers so much she had them on her dress, in her bouquet, her hair, they released doves...it was featherpalooza.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    She loves feathers so much she had them on her dress, in her bouquet, her hair, they released doves...it was featherpalooza. I instantly know what your talking about. ;)As for the bridesmaid dilemma, it was pretty cold for our wedding too (about 60* I would say), and they were fine for pictures outside-- it took us over an hour for pics (time flys!) and the laughing at the groomsman jumping around the place coupled with really funny picture heats up the moment.  I think they'll be just fine.  I would want to ruin the pics with a pashmina anyway.  I guess maybe you can look into little bolero jackets? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh never mind, I love the boa idea! Lots and lots of feather boas!!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe I can just glue ostrich's to them so I can have more feathers then any wedding in history  ;)I think I might stick with the pashminas though. You guys have been helpful. It's hard to know how someone else is going to feel but your perspective helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe I can just glue ostrich's to them so I can have more feathers then any wedding in history ;)YES!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Can I be in your wedding??? Pretty pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Sure but it may be dangerous! Ostrich's can be very agressive!
  • edited December 2011
    While ostriches are nice, I think emus would look better in pictures, as they do not have that ugly featherless neck that ostriches have.I bought pashminas for all the guests but the BMs because I'm Bridezilla and don't want pashminas in pictures.  Thankfully, they all agreed to let me sacrifice them to the weather gods and freeze up there with me :)
  • edited December 2011
    Emus are probably the most perfect thing I have heard. I think I will give them the pashminas for AFTER the ceremony and pics and have them brave the elements with me as well. If they don't like it they can grow fur  :)
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm having an issue right now of deciding whether to try to do any outdoor BP pics or just FI and I suffer through it since it could very well be blizzarding on our wedding day. I'm just going to let them wear winter coats to the wedding and a shawl in the church since it'll be heated. We'll probably end up doing pics in the church before heading over to the reception.
  • shelle46shelle46 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On a side note....where did everyone get their pashminas from?  Just pondering possibly getting them for the girls...Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my pashminas from an ebay vendor. Link to their store in my bio under "The Girls" (near the bottom of the page)
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    the little one- don't worry about your BP freezing. It's going to be a nice warm day on 10/17, right??? ;)
    *Kelly* MARRIED to the love of my life October 17, 2009!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes kelmar, yes!  Love the positive thinking--I've gotta keep that up.
  • edited December 2011
    Wasit on Dirty Jobs where Mike Rowe almost got eyeballed by an ostrich? The ostrich was definitely giving him the stink eye O_-
  • edited December 2011
    Always - I am worried about the same problem too and couldn't think of anything but pashminas. My date is 2 weeks after yours and we'll be outside, too. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed the whole month of October next year... :) LOVE your dresses -- where did you find them? I am trying to figure out if I should go with shorter dresses, which I'd prefer, or long ones to keep them a bit warmer - this looks like a good compromise!
  • edited December 2011
    They are Bill Levkoff. I am in worcester and  Pronuptia Bridal has it. I thought it was a perfect length. Everyone keeps telling me I sould have them alter it to just below the knee but I love the length as is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards