Connecticut

What next?

So I just booked my reception venue for next August,not sure where to start next! I have my dress already and have started looking at some bridesmaid dresses.What should come next?Im guessing finding a DJ and a photographer??!

Re: What next?

• edited December 2011
    photographer would be my recommendation.... do you need a church? Great for you for being on top of things!
  • edited December 2011
    After we had the ceremony/reception/caterer taken care of, we started working on the photographer and band.  After that we moved on to the florist and ceremony musicians. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you seen your knot checklist? if not, there should be an icon at the top of your screen that looks like a checkmark. that kept me on track for the year before my wedding! congrats on getting started!! what is your date? i was an august bride and its a great month :)
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding a venue.  Do you need a caterer, or is the venue taking care of that?  But now is a good time to start looking at a DJ, Photographer and Florist.
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming you have a guest list if you have chosen a venue, right? If not, do that next. After choosing a venue, we chose our videog, photog, DJ, and florist.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your big check! I agree with pp's.. the photographer and dj should be next because the most sought after ones book up quick.
  • edited December 2011
    The other girls have pretty much covered already, but hi and congrats! The Knot checklist is helping me stay on track.... Also, after reception venue was booked we then moved on to DJ and photographer after that. (Catering is included in our venue so I didn't need to do anything with that). The other girls are right - those 2 do book up quickly so you don't want to wait too long on music & photography. Next I bought my dress (which I see you already have) and we found our officiant...I am now about to start cake consutlations & florist consulations. Limo will be next. Do you need to look into which hotels to block off for out of town guests?
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • malissa033malissa033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also start looking into hair && makeup if you haven't already... most of the highly rec artists book well in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your replies!!Yes the venue is doing the catering.. My date is August 28th,Im getting married in the torrington area. Anyone know of any good florists/bakerys in that area??Im looking into some photographers so hopefully soon that will be done!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly rec looking into Jane from Just for you for your florist. I personalyl haven't used her but I've seen her work numerous times with other knotties && I'm kicking myself for not booking her for my own wedding. Her arrangements are beyond beautiful.... I never really noticed the difference in the quailty of flowers until I saw hers. They're soo fresh! && hold up really well. HTH!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where Kelly's sweet rewards is out of but her cakes look fab!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards