Florida-Central Florida

veils?

Hi ladies! So I found a veil online that I love. It's a singe layer veil. What I can't decide is if I want the blusher over my face for the ceremony. Do brides do this these days? I recently went to a wedding where she didn't wear a veil at all and just a pretty flower. My mom wants me to have a veil, but I can't decide!

Re: veils?

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do what you feel is best for you.  Blushers aren't as common these days so no ones going to think poorly of you if you don't wear one. 
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's all personal preference! I wore a veil with no blusher. I have been to weddings where the bride wore no veil, some where the bride wore a veil with no blusher, and some where the bride used a blusher. Go try some on and see what you feel the most bridal and beautiful in!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Sarah. It's all about personal preference.  I didn't want a veil and my mom really asked me to wear one (it was her one request) and she bought it for me.  Now, I can't imagine NOT having it. It's one layer, and not sure if it's chapel length cause I'm short or if it's just floor length... anyway, just go try them on. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I wore a blusher because I wanted my dad to have the moment where he pulled it back - of course he got all flustered and almost forgot!!! (I love my dad :) )  Anyway, its totoally up to you and what you want. 
  • edited December 2011
    I wore a long veil with no blusher. I wanted to be able to see everything! It is really about what you are most comfortable with.
  • BananaMustangBananaMustang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am one of the ones NOT wearing a veil :) My mom actually asked me if I planned to wear a veil in a way that suggested she didn't think I'd be the type to wear one....My mom knows me oh so well :) I plan to wear a flower in my hair or a skiny red headband with sparkles (Goes with our colors...Im also wearing red shoes)
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing a shoulder length veil with no blusher.  My fiance loves the idea of a blusher, but I personally feel a little silly with it.  I also have a rhinestone vintage headband that I most likely will wear when I take off the veil.  A lot of brides only wear the veil for their ceremony or after their first dance is done because it gets in the way.  You will have a lot of people hugging you so it may snag.  You can always put a flower or something else in your hair at that point.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your responses!!
  • edited December 2011
    Just FYI I'm one of them who isn't wearing a Veil period.  I'm having an updo with a pretty tropical flower.  You do what you are most comfortable with, and one of the ladies suggested going and trying some on, I would do that and then you know definitely what you want to do.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards