North Carolina
Options

Shower Etiquette

So FI's aunts are throwing a couple's shower.  They do something for all of the cousins that get married and we chose a shower because I don't have any family in NC to throw us a shower.So the question is, do we need to get all of his aunts gifts for hosting the shower?  On the invite they say the shower is being thrown by FI's "aunts & uncles."  Would we need to do something for the uncles too?  Any ideas for gifts?  FI says that we don't have to get them anything but I thought I'd check on here.TIA ladies!

Re: Shower Etiquette

• Options
    wendyh33wendyh33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now, I'm originally from NJ. We threw all my sisters surprise bridal showers. We didn't get any gifts from any of them for throwing the shower. Maybe this is a southern thing? I'm curious to know the answer because I'm sure they will be throwing me a surprise shower in NJ and my mom will probably throw one here. Sorry I'm not of any help to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be good for you to get gifts for those throwing you the shower.  It doesn't need to be anything elaborate or fancy.  I would maybe get them each couple a gift certificate for a nice restaurant somewhere in town so the aunts and uncles could have a nice date dinner somewhere :)  If that would be too expensive, find something that both the aunt and uncle can use and you can give it as a gift to both of them.  Bottles of wine, some homemade muffins with fancy butter and jams for them to spread on them, etc.Can you tell I'm a fan of food gifts lol.  I think food gifts are good though because everyone enjoys good food and they don't have to fret over finding some place to stick a knick knack or gadget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's mother threw me a shower at her house and her best friend and neighbor co-hosted it, all of their names were on the invitation. I gave each of them a gift bag with a really nice shower poof, shower gel, and lotion from Bath & Body Works with a card that said, "Hope your next shower is as good as mine was!" (I totally stole that from here ;) ), they LOVED it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a really cute idea Katherine!  I might have to steal that :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Steal away! Let's keep the tradition going ;)
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm stealing that idea as well. :-)
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunts all threw me a shower so I got them brown craft gift bags and filled them with a lemonade, candy, brownies, a candle and notepad. I did all 6 of them for about $30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katherine that is such a CUTE idea!  Jessica, love the goody bags too.  I'm taking notes ;)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas ladies!  I'll mention them to FI!
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome ideas. All good things to keep in mind when that comes around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For one of my shower hostess gifts I gave pretty umbrellas with a tag that said something about for your next shower. We also did a shower products gift bags for another one, lots of different food/goodie bags, etc. I had several showers so if anyone needs more ideas let me know!
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The umbrella idea is very cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards