Connecticut

Wedding Dress Shopping pics!!

Hi Everyone!!!I know I haven't posted all summer. So I would first like to say congratulations to all the knotties who had weddings this summer and welcome to those new knotties. I see a lot of new names. Okay...now I'm super excited because I went on my first wedding dress shopping trip! I went to Dynamite Designs in Wallingford for their traveling Alfred Angelo show and these are the top picks! 3rd Favorite:http://tinyurl.com/ycbw37u2nd Favorite:http://tinyurl.com/yetj8z7Favorite so far:http://tinyurl.com/yeb45efBack of favorite:http://tinyurl.com/y8qajyvI'd love to know what you think!Also, I think I'm going to go to David's Bridal next and if I remember correctly one of the locations is better than the rest.....can anyone tell me the better location???

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping pics!!

• edited December 2011
    I can't wait to check out the pictures when I get home, the links you sent are blocked at work. Do you have the model #'s of the dresses? I liked Alfred Angelo dresses alot! and really liked Dynamite Designs! if they had had my dress I would have bought it there. Although I haven't been to the Orange David's in like 10 yrs, I have to say that the Manchester store was much nicer than I remember Orange being. The sales rep I had was very helpful (unfortunately I just threw out her card on Friday) I went on a Tuesday night, it was nice since the store was pretty dead. 
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your 1st choice best, love the pick-ups.  And for DB, I had the best luck in Manchester, then Danbury and then Orange, the problem I had with Orange was everytime I went to go see "my" consultant they didn't work there anymore. But other than that they were fine.    
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All 3 dresses looked beautiful on you! But, I agree with you, your favorite is my favorite on you. I love the detail on the back and the lace up back. I think the Davids Bridal in Manchester is the better one according to the other girls on here. I went to the one in Orange and had a bad experience back when I first tried dresses on in March or April, but I've heard good things about the one in Manchester on here. If you're going to go on the weekends I highly suggest to make an appointment since they get so busy! GL! :0)
  • AmberLyn9AmberLyn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Erica.. 3rd fav is 1139 with red 2nd fav is actually a Jasmine Dress. I don't have the number on me. 1st fav is from the trunk show and actually is not online. Or so the lady told me.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the first choice and the second choice:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    oh and I got my dress from Ragtime Boutique in Watertown... LOVE them, we got BM dresses, MOG and MOB dresses there:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I love your first choice! It looks amazing on you!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree your favorite is my favorite also. Very pretty. GL in your search! Have you tried Crissy Anne's in Meriden?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Amber!  Long time no chat!  congrats on going dress shopping, that was so much fun!! :)I love the top of your #1 choice, but pick-ups really bug me, personally, so I can't vote it as my fav.  However if you like the pick-ups, go for it, b/c the top & back are gorgeous and it fits you really well.  If i had to vote, I'd vote for your 3rd fav but with a more subtle band color.  The red is too distracting in my humble opinion :)How's your planning going?Bella
  • AmberLyn9AmberLyn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards