Illinois-Chicago

** 8/22 cont. **

Officiant - Bruce Otto - spiritedweddings.comHighly recommendDH and I chose not to do a rehearsal since we had no wedding party. Bruce was so organized on the day of  and seemed to be so experienced that it didn't matter  - we just followed his lead and everything turned out just fine. DH and I chose the basics of the ceremony from a booklet he provides. We went with a mostly traditional and religious ceremony and I was so pleasantly surprised by what Bruce added to it. His homily was apt and amusing. He put time into what he wrote for us and his care really showed. We had a beautiful ceremony.Flowers - Dilly Lilly 742 W FullertonHighly reccomendI only budgeted for personal flowers and was glad I did! I truly love flowers and I was able to have remarkable florals by limiting what I ordrered. No one noticed or commented about the lack of centerpieces at our reception. But I got tons of compliments on my bouquet! I had requested tropicals in a red, orange and yellow color scheme and their floral designer really delivered. I had a large textural boquet that was full of flowers. The price I paid wasn't cheap but I feel like I got what I paid for. Their customer service is excellent! When I went in to pick up my order they called me by name - how often does that happen. And the quality of thier work is outstanding!DJ - Nate from Style MattersHighly recommendNate kept our dance floor packed all night long! We gave him a ridiculously long list of music we wanted to hear and he did a great job of mixing what we wanted to hear with what he was feeling from the crowd. He came early and set up a really nice table using linens he provided. He was very polite with my dad and helped show him the microphone set up by our table. At some point during dinner we gave him a cd of a song for the father daughter dance and he was able to roll with getting music that late! Super professional, super nice, super awesome actually has turntables DJ!Photography - Heather Parker - HeatherParker.comHighly Reccommend!!!!!!I just got our photos today and they are so wonderful I cried a little. We had a smaller wedding and everyone that was there was someone important to us. Heather and her assistant, Rob, was able to capture so many fantastic candid photos of our loved ones. It's like we now have portraits of all the special people in our lives! She managed to get some gorgeous shots under some challenging lighting conditions and she put a lot of time above and beyond our contract into adjusting the color of those photos. I believe that she is going to be blogging about our wedding sometime in the next week if you want to keep an eye out!Ceremony and Reception Venue - Zed 451, 739 N Clark StHighly Recomend!!! Above and Beyond Service!Our Sales Manager Gina was great at returning calls and emails and answering our questions.  She was very organized and took notes on everything we discussed. As a result the manager working the restaurant that night totally knew what was going on. The rooftop was set up exactly as planned for our ceremony. We only had use of the roof for an hour but the staff was very gracious about letting us linger and then gently herding our crowd into the dining room.We had the use of their two shuttle busses to transport our guests from our hotel to ZED and back again at the end of the night. The busses were on time and clean and the drivers were very nice. And it was FREE! Some of us took a bus over to Soundbar after the receprion. The manager working the floor that night gave us some comp tickets and called ahead to the club to let them know we were coming!Instead of bringing in a wedding cake we had a dessert buffet and she arranged to have their corporate pastry chef make a couple of desserts for our tasting that would be big enough to cut in lieu of a cake. We thought we might wind up with a large cupcake or small fruit tart or something but the pastry chef made up a small red velvet cake covered in fresh berries. They gave us the whole cake to take home after our tasting! The cake made for the big day was super cute and fresh and what was left of the cake was cut and put out onto the buffet after the cutting. Furthermore, we were only charged for the cost of the dessert platters  and not the cake at all! Crazy! Their pricing structure changed after we booked and it was in our favor. Dinner was actually less expensive and they decided to give us use of the entire second floor with the exception of the rooftop. However, our guests kind of wandered out onto the roof for fresh air and it was no problem. The food was plentiful and phenominal! everything was presented beautifully and it tasted divine. Our guests keep raving about how awesome it was!All the staff at ZED was genuinely friendly and we really felt they went out of their way to take care of us!

Re: ** 8/22 cont. **

• awed81awed81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, your reception sounds really fun! Their roofdeck is amazing! How many people can the venue hold?
  • edited December 2011
    seriously i wish i was invited...that sounds awesome!!!
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SOunds like such a nice wedding. You have totally raised the bar. Saw your invites in your bio (which is somehow on your next page now under planning bio) and I loved your invitations.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody! The room we used holds 70 for a sit down dinner. They probably could accommodate larger parties but I think that would entail having some guests sit in an adjacent area. Or you could always buy out the restaurant.... :)
  • mbuhpathimbuhpathi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is so great to have a place with genuinely friendly people involved. Pix online?
  • edited December 2011
    Style Matters always gets kicka$$ reviews! I bet it was a blast!
  • acd101acd101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the detailed review of Zed 451. It sounds like you created a great feel for your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards