Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hi Self, You're an Idiot.

I went around the house today pulling all the storm windows down, and locking all windows tight to keep cold air out--and warm air in. I had to turn on the heat because it's supposed to drop to 34 degrees tonight. Then, I needed to go outside just a bit ago--and walked out thinking I had checked the door to make sure it was unlocked. Except it wasn't. I locked myself out of the house--and FI is out and about with our House Guest. I had no phone. And I had locked every. single. window. Luckily I failed at locking the window above the kitchen sink...but it was fairly high off of the ground--so I had to climb all over our deck furniture, and shimy my way up the side of the house into the window. Idiot.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi Self, You're an Idiot.

• I swear that's one of my biggest fears when I'm home by myself and go outside for some reason. I always triple check the doors. Good thing you were able to get back inside!
  • One of the first nights in our previous place (townhouse), H and I locked ourselves out of the house. We couldnt get in and had to call the cops to break into our car so we could use the garage door opener. It was pretty embarassing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw, that sucks! Made me crack a smile though. I think we've all done this though. Years ago I had to hoist myself through my parents' laundry room window (after yanking the screen out, no less) when I forgot keys.
  • And that's why my front door does not lock without a key
  • I have never felt like such a tool before. And I was all bundled up with a winter hat on, and a hooded sweatshirt on over my hat. If anyone saw me, I must have looked like I was trying to rob the house. Except for the fact that I was so utterly clumsy trying to get into the window. Oy.
  • All of our doors have only a deadbolt and the handle that opens with the thumb lever.  I am so glad because I've locked myself out of the house a lot growing up.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • I have done this before. My H was at work. I walked over to my friend's house and got drunk.
  • That sucks :)I locked myself out of our apartment because I'm an idiot.  It has a sliding door to the patio, with one of those built in bars to lock it, but I left the bar up instead of down, so when I shut the door it fell down and locked me out. And the other door was already locked from the inside. I had to ask my neighbor to drive me to H's workplace (luckily like .25 miles away) so I could get his keys.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • [i]I walked over to my friend's house and got drunk.[/i] Why didn't I think of this?! Damnit!
  • My sis and I used to lock ourselves out of the house all. the. time. in high school. I even did it on prom night one year. We hated waking our parents up (especially if we were out past curfew) so we both figured out how to break into our house through the front door. I felt like such an idiot taping my dad's tools together in the garage before walking around to the front door to shimmy them through the mail slot and push the deadbolt over. Now I always make sure my sister has keys to my house. I think she also has a key for my car as I used to lock myself out of my car all the time too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • *that is, I felt like an idiot for doing all that in my prom dress and heels. Sigh.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Why didn't I think of this?! Damnit! Next time you will know!
  • You're so smart Rick---I must remember to listen to you more often.
  • Why... I am wise ;P
  • Well, wise for a stripper, that is.
  • LOL! Hey now, stippers have feelings and boobs.
  • Ricks--I read that as Strippers FEELING boobs. I'm five. And my mind is in the gutter.
  • Ha! They feel boobs too.
  • I once had to kick in my front door because I accidentally locked the handle. I had no phone on me, it was the middle of the day, and NONE of my neighbors were around. The door needed to be replaced. My laundry room is outside, around the back of the house (different place than where I kicked the door in), and I'm always paranoid that I'll accidentally lock the door handle when I go out there. Half the time I'll just take my keys with me.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards