New Hampshire

Photographers

Hi everyone, I am recently engaged and will probably have many questions over the next several months! I was wondering if any of you were familiar with the following photographers: Michael Cirelli, Catharine Morris, or Laura Klein? I have been searching photographers' websites to find the stlye I am looking for, as well as who will fit within my budget. But, I thought I would check in with the wedding experts here! Thank you for your help! Shannon
imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Photographers

• edited December 2011
    I used Catharine Morris for my wedding on 8/28, you can view my pictures on her website under client proofs for erica and jonathan, my password is coleman.  What is your email? I have some feedback to share if your interested.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Catharine as well. She has been easy to work with so far! A little slow getting pics up (she's way behind on her blog)...
  • edited December 2011
    I saw a not-so-hot review for C. Morris on the Boston board recently.  The rest I am unfamiliar with.  We used A Photographic Memory and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.  I have photos linked in my sig below.Good luck with your search!
  • Mrs BabsMrs Babs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend A Photographic Memory. They did my epics (planning bio) and I also have some wedding pic teasers in my married bio. Feel free to check them out. They were so great to work with :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lilybrad10lilybrad10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Jane Lydick Staid from Danville.  Her prices are reasonable, but you didnt say what your budget is.www.Janelydickstaid.com
  • edited December 2011
    No info on any of the mentioned photographers but would recommend Kevin Jacobus Photo.  He is great to work with, puts everyone at ease.  He will work with you on price too.
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently met with Kevin Jacobus, he was very friendly and professional and his work is amazing.  I also met with Dave at A Photographic Memory because they are so highly recommended on this board.  It was not a great experience, I felt like he put a lot of pressure on me to add albums and other expensive extras to the package.  He asked personal and financial questions that made me uncomfortable and was not able to give me a clear written estimate.   
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Brett Alison. I also had a bad experience with Photographic Memory similar to the above poster.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Pixel Perfect Weddings. They were really great to work with and worked within our budget. This is their website: http://pixelperfectweddings.com/ .. I'm not sure how often the site is updated but I love their blog!& their blog: http://www.pixelperfectweddings.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    YB - I saw that review too. It made me a little nervous, but when I saw her photos, I thought they were awesome. I guess I have the approach that after the initial annoyance with how long it take her to post her pictures, it really won't matter. We were really happy with our e-pics, and I usually hate pictures of myself.
  • matchbox920matchbox920 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not familiar with any of the ones you mentioned, BUT...I have to very highly recommend my photographer, Troy Bennett of Mystery Jig Studios. He is incredible- he's friendly and VERY helpful! He's a photojournalist, and he does absolutely beautiful work. Any time we have a question, no matter how big or small, we fire off an email and he responds very quickly. He's made this whole process so enjoyable...Cannot WAIT to work with him in 8 days! Wahoo! :)
  • klkane7klkane7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Jane Lydick. She was very easy to talk to and seemed like she had our best interests at heart. We had orginally gone with Photographic Memory and had a horrible experience we ended up leaving them. I know that they come highly recommended on this board, but we couldn't have been less satisfied with them. We feel so much more comfortable with Jane, and feel that she truly does have our best interests at heart, not just trying to make an extra buck! Good Luck:)
  • ShannonMSWShannonMSW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!! Thank you so much to everyone for your advice and recommendations! I really appreciate it. I would like to stay under $3,000 for a photographer, including an album, parent album, all day coverage, and a dvd w/ all high res images. It would be great if an engagement session was thrown in as well! I will look into the ones you all mentioned. Thanks again! Shannon
  • edited December 2011
    michael cirelli was fabulous when we used him for our wedding a few years ago.  he was newer in the business back then and still produced wonderful pictures.  looking at his work now, i can see he continues to evolve and refine his style and i LOVE the work he does now - wow!the thing i appreciated the most, however, was that he was both highly professional/invisible during the entire day and also very personable and friendly and accessible.  it's a hard balance to manage when you're in peoples' faces all night long but he did it really well.  i hope you keep him on the table - i was the first NH bride to book him on this board (back in 2005) and based on my glowing reviews, i can count at least half a dozen other brides who used him in 2006 and 2007.  as the tides change and new batches of brides populate the board, the reviews shift to whomever is the favorite vendor-du-jour....  just know that mike was also one of those raved about vendors on here even though not many people now seem to have heard of him.good luck in your search!  schedule a face to face meeting with him - that's what sold it for us.
  • ShannonMSWShannonMSW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks micaela27.That's what I was hoping to hear! I am in the process of scheduling a time to meet with him. Shannon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards