Massachusetts-Boston

Danversport vs. Nahant?

Hi everybodyI just took a tour of Danversport last night. I am very impressed with the location and the staff. Can anybody tell me about their experiences with the place for their wedding/reception? I'm touring Nahant Country Club tonight as well. Any experiences good or bad? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!

Re: Danversport vs. Nahant?

• edited December 2011
    I personally have not been to a wedding at the Danversport....Mine will be there in 2011, but several of my friends have been to weddings and/or proms there and said everything was fantastic.  From what I have been told, the food is to die for!
  • edited December 2011
    I know a few people who got married @DYC; all had great experiences.
  • jamidandedbjamidandedb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married there last year (danversport yacht club).  Nancy was our coordinator.  Loved her!  Everyone raved about the food.  We had roast beef and one of their chicken dishes....roast beef was medium rare.  Honestly, I have never seen "wedding roast beef" medium rare before!  Anyone who has food allergies they're very attentive as well.  No complaints from me! let me know if you have any questions!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a water view? If you are, I dont think the Nahant Country Club has one. Oceanview also in Nahant, is supposed to have a gorgeous view. I've never been to either. I have been to Danversport for Proms and bridal showers and I think they do a great job.
    12/12/2009
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a DYC bride. My wedding is there in May 2010. The staff has been nothing but helpful since we started the planning process and dealing with me and all my annoying questions and issues. I am liking it so far!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We had my MOH's shower there and it was awesome.  I would go for DYC over Nahant.  Food was good, the coordinator was amazing and the waitstaff was really good too.
  • mrsnorthrupmrsnorthrup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your input. I was NOT impressed with Nahant last night. I will be booking Danversport unless my fiance wants to look at other places. I guess I have to let him make <some> decisions... right? haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards