California-Inland Empire

*Amber*

I'm beginning to think you don't like me....
CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: *Amber*

• edited December 2011
    Awwww...*hugs* I do! I am...umm...well.....just a little caught off guard by some of your....umm....well.....comments ;)
  • edited December 2011
    lol. seriously though, I would leave if someone farted out loud... 
  • edited December 2011
    Come on Amber..how could you be caught off guard by my comments.  You know to expect anything from me.  I have almost no boundaries!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    See, Amb..Lulu agrees with my idea.  it works!
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh, I know what the deal is here.  Old people just don't get sarcasm or anything out of the ordinary...I get it now.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I think I am just too much of a prude for you. Its not that I cant take it, I guess I just forget and dont see it coming. so then its like BAM! someone just said quief
  • SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally would never fart in front of someone..... Especially if its for the sole purpose of being rude.
  • edited December 2011
    And now Sandra doesn't like me!  Sheesh.  I was only kidding.  I fart all day long at home.  It's so relieving not to have to hold it in.  :P
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Kasi = not prudeI walk around naked and not all of our windows have curtains.  I try not to walk in front of them but it happens sometimes. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been with Jamie for 4 years and haven't farted in front of him. I'm not saying I don't do it I just don't do it in front of people. I want Jamie to find me sexy and not think of the nasty things that come out of my body lol
  • edited December 2011
    I never farted in front of my ex.  I don't know if I was shy or what but I was super young and probably thought it was gross still.  Now I've come to realize it happens naturally it's no big deal.  Andrew thinks it's the funniest thing in the world.  He laughs everytime I do it and makes jokes.  I even asked him why he laughs all the time and he said it's just funny.  I don't do it in front of anyone else though.  Socially unacceptable...
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amber is almost the "Dirty 30" and hasn't farted in front of Sam so I don't really think it has to do with age. I think it just depends on the person and how you are raised. I was raised you don't fart in front of people no matter who they are. And I also know I don't want to spell anyone elses farts so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to smell mine... I dont even want to smell mine.
  • edited December 2011
    I have only farted once in front of my FI (it was an accident!!!) and I felt soo embarassed!!!) He thought it was the funniest thing ever, but it just made it worse... I didnt wanna see him for a few days. He asked what his reaction should have been... i said "pretend you didnt hear it and walk away..." :*|
  • edited December 2011
    2 different outlooks.  I was that way until I was a little older.  I thought it was the nastiest most embarrassing thing until a few years ago.  I would think it was disgusting to burp or fart or to even poo in public restrooms.  My family thought I was a prude.  Now I could care less about doing it in front of Andrew.  He doesn't mind so I am comfortable doing it.  Just depends on both people.  Andrew is the biggest adult/kid so just about anything is funny to him.  As for walking around naked...he was raised very prudish so that he doesn't like.  My mom walked around naked all the time so it's something I'm comfortable with.   
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't mean age had to do with it.  Just in my case.  As I get older my outlook on things change and this happens to be one of them.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kasi you are carazy! but I think that's awesome you feel comfortable enough around your husband to do that Im sure I do especially when I am sleeping heheheheheI have once or twice when we are just hanging out but i get embarrased and laughAmber you are not a prude :0)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, Amber isn't a prude.  I've heard something that make me KNOW she's not! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Why am I the only one on here that does this in front of her SO?  I even go #2 while he's in the bathroom.  Admittedly that one took awhile to get used to.  I never knew it was such a no no to fart in front of a guy that you live with.  I really think a lot of the ladies I know do it.  We even discuss these types of things with each other and much worse too. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol Lulu that is too cute I would of reacted the same way! :0)
  • edited December 2011
    Ok so I asked the ladies in my office if pass gas in front of their husbands/BF and the reaction was "hell yea, it hurts too much to hold it in!"  One even said she has contests with her BF on who's is louder.  HAHA!  So out of us 4 in the front office all 4 of us do it.   
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lmao! those must be some funky smelly houses! heheheheh
  • edited December 2011
    yeah everyone is different, and it depends on a lot of things... i love how we can share all these opinions so openly... I'd love to see what different guys thoughts were on this.. just curious...
  • edited December 2011
    It's ok Kasi, I fart in front of my SO.  He does it all the time so I tell him if I have to put up with his, he has to put up with mine.  It's all about equality :o)
  • edited December 2011
    Haha Sweepea!  I'm not alone!!!  YAY!!So about asking guys.  I work with a ton of guys.  I'll walk around and ask them.  :P  Should make the rest of my day interesting.  I should also point out that having been in the military helped me loosen up my standards quite a bit.  I learned to be able to talk about anything and everything and not be shy.  That's also wher I started being comfortable walking around naked.  In bootcamp we had to take a shower together in one big room...60 of us.  I also learned to go to the bathroom anywhere!  Dig a hole, side of the road...whatever.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    San, is your DH completely against doing that in front of him? 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    LOL Syl!  Usually mine don't smell.  Sometimes I wish they did so I could "attack" Andrew.  Where I draw the line is doing it in public or at work.  That annoys me.  
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No he doesnt want me doing it in front of him either. He does have 5 sisters all who were taught not to fart in front of people which brings me back to the how you are raised thing.
  • A07102005MA07102005M member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am guilty too. Its not something I go around telling, but I can admit it here since you ladies brought it up and I think Kasi deserves some support! :) DH and I feel super comfortable with each other and are very understanding of "nature." We never even use the door to our restroom unless there are visitors present. We just don't see it as a big deal since its simply a part of life.
  • A07102005MA07102005M member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should probably mention that we are not, however, guilty of doing anything inappropriate in public though! We are very courteous and well-mannered outside of our house and in the presence of others.
  • edited December 2011
    Ash, I don't close the bathroom door either!  Andrew does sometimes in our bathroom but because Suraya is running around and you never know...she might just run into our room without asking.  I would never purposely do it in public though (unless there's absolutely no one around).  I think that's really rude.  I'm not so sure it's all about upbringing though.  Andrew was brought up to be very extremely over modest and he isn't that way now.  He's made the decision to stray from his upbringing.  I think it's up the the individual to make the decision.  Of course upbringing plays a part but it's not the whole package.  Andrew and I both were raised with the idea that men are the breadwinners and have the "God-like" persona and have all the say in matters while women stay home pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen.  We've both abandoned this notion that was instilled in us from birth and formed our own opinions on the equality between men and women in relationships (the sociologist in me is coming out now!). So I do feel upbringing plays a role in an adults life but I also feel the adult decides whether they choose to keep the values and morals they were taught as children.  Pretty much you pick and choose what suits your lifestyle or ideas when you enter adulthood.  These of course may and will change as you age and form new relationships with people.     
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards