Wedding Party

# of Bridesmaids

I need your thoughts... Our wedding only has an edtimated 60 guests (including wedding party) attending. How many Bridesmaids/Groomsmen are too many?

Re: # of Bridesmaids

• Agreed, it's up to you how many girls you want by your side. The number of how many is not relevant anymore.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I personally think that with an intimate wedding like that, more than 2 or 3 might look a bit unbalanced.  Having said that, if there are more than 2 or 3 people that you can't imagine not having in your WP then just do it.
  • 10-15 on each side would probably be overkill. But other than that I wouldn't worry about ratios. Ask the people you couldn't imagine getting married without.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Think of the people you would call immediately if something really good or bad happened. There. That's how many you have on your side. Have your FI do the same thing. There, now you know how many will be on his side. WPs are not about numbers. They don't have to be in proportion to the guest list and they don't have to be even. A WP is a way to honor your closest friends.
  • Ditto on selecting your nearest and dearest. Also ditto on Brooke's "10-15 people might be overkill".But then again, I tend to think 10-15 is overkill no matter how many guests you have, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I agree! Don't worry about the number, just who you want to stand by you & with you that day!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • But then again, I tend to think 10-15 is overkill no matter how many guests you have, lol.Agreed. In this situation I think maybe 4 would be on the edge of overkill. Like, 4 would be okay if you really want that many, 5 would be too many. I'm having a similar sized wedding and I have 2. Just 2 bridesmaids, no MOH.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Thanks Ladies! That really helps!
  • We have 50 guests and 11 total attendants.  When we first asked, we were planning to have about 150 guests.  It might look a little lopsided, but I don't think it will be too bad; the ceremony space is so small that it'll be practically in the round anyway.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards