Canada-Ontario

Paradise Convention Centre Info anyone?

Hi, new here! Wondering if there is a site that anyone knows to read reviews about halls or if any of you have been to the Paradise Convention Centre and maybe how much it is per person? It's exactly the look I'm going for!Trying to pick a venue is the hardest part about this whole thing, everything I pretty much have down. gah and of course it's the biggest part! haha Or if you have any suggestions to a rather classic elegant (reasonably price) venue that I'm hoping can have an outdoor wedding and a goregous inside reception

Re: Paradise Convention Centre Info anyone?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about Paradise but if you want a venue that has space for an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception, I have heard nothing but amazing things about The Doctor's House. It's just outside the city.The reviews I've seen said it was a great location and amazing food. Not sure on their prices. I really wanted to have my wedding there, but my guest list was too big (I think they cap at 75 people for an indoor reception).
  • sunshinedevilsunshinedevil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh ya eeek ... I have more than 75 on my side alone ... most places dont offer much space .... and if you want more space you have to use tents ... eek ... bugs in expensive food? no thanks lol ♥ Amazing venue tho thanks! *sigh* I kinda wish I had a small family $100pp is killing my budget
  • roque.jessicaroque.jessica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I am getting married there next august.  It is beautiful, but then again i am biased.. LOL.. The price was alright but could have been better.  just under $100 per person.  Let me know if you need any other info!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,I also booked Paradise for next September.  Our price was a bit more than $100/pp but we're also getting a lot of food including antipasto bar and alcohol including martini bar and premium bar.  Hopefully they didn't screw with me too much!We also our planning on using their outdoor space for the ceremony.  They threw that in for us so make sure you get the same if you end up booking with them.Hope this helps.
  • sunshinedevilsunshinedevil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow ya awesome thank you!!!! ^_^ I'll be sure to make them include it!! ... I haven't done a drive by yet how is the surrounding area? I wish they had a site or somewhere to look at past weddings there!!
  • edited December 2011
    The surrounding area is alright.  I'll be honest, I didn't fall in love with it but we were limited to venues and considering it's free, I shouldn't complain. I wish they would decorate it with some flowers but they haven't, it's more trees so very green. I'm not sure what you're looking for but there's another reception hall, West River that has amazing outside grounds for a ceremony.  I fell in love but they didn't have availability for us. Good luck.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fell in love with the room when I walked in!  We got the 5 hot passed ordeuves and 5 cold ordeves that will be stationed.  We didn't get a martini bar.. i didnt even know they had one.  Maybe since we are having a small wedding there wouldnt be space for it.  Are you doing a taste test?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  Did you end up meeting with Paradise?  Let us know what you decided!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards