California-Los Angeles

card box ideas

So I just realized that I totally spaced on the card box and need to come up with something. I really don't want to get one of the cheesy ones from Michael's, does anyone have any cute ideas or suggestions? TIA!

Re: card box ideas

• edited December 2011
    I didn't have one, and one or more of our cards went "missing" that night.  I recommend one that is big enough that it couldn't be easily stolen.  Lots of brides have used bird cages, which looks really cute!
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen some really cute ones on etsy.comThey're like 3 different sized boxes and decorated to your color and theme if you have one. They run about $100 but it's totally something you could make yourself or if you have any artsy-crafty friends or fam. If i'm not mistaken, julybm made one that is orange and pink. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a wood bird cage. The top can be lifted off. I spraypainted it to match our colors and I think it looks pretty cute. It wasn't one of the ones that was intended to be used as a card box, it's meant to be a home decor item, but it works and is a little different than some of the other ones I've seen. Try looking at places like Ross or Home Goods for different containers that could work.
  • SMHubbardSMHubbard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a birdcage which my mom found at an antique store for like $15. PIB if you want to see!
  • veevixxnveevixxn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Round hat boxes can be a cute idea. You can just buy one - or a few - and decorate them according to your colors/theme.  Or you could always mix up some round ones with some square ones.
  • JenLeuJenLeu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought a cardboard hat box from Michael's and FI spray painted it black (top) and silver (bottom).  I'm going to add some silk flowers and ribbon to it this weekend.  You can also wrap a box in fabric.  I was going to do that but ran out of time.  It was much quicker to spray paint it.  LOL
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sis made mine for me.  I love it.  It is square boxes wrapped in fabric like mentioned above and decorated.  PIB.
  • edited December 2011
    I just wrapped a plain box in really pretty wrpping paper and cut a neat slit in the top.  Worked well and I thought it looked nice!  It also was inconspicuous if you feel like you are "asking" for money.  We assigned the wife of a groomsman to monitor it.  She stood at the table and greeted people and then carried it with her when she sat for the ceremony.  I think it got put in someones car after that. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards