Massachusetts-Boston

Venues with a view?

Hello!  We were originally only looking outside the city, but then discovered that we might be able to afford the Hyatt Cambridge.  We really love ballrooms with windows and a view.  We'd like to shop around and see if there are other places that might be in our price range that could also offer a great view (some comparison shopping!).  Does anyone have some suggestions for other hotels to look at?  We are looking for a hotel where we can do the ceremony (preferably outdoors) and reception, probably about 80 people, looking for less than $100 pp. Thanks!

Re: Venues with a view?

• freckles79964freckles79964 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Harborside Hyatt...it's near the airport and has an amazing view of the skyline.
  • edited December 2011
    The MIT Faculty Club has lovely views of Boston and does weddings.  Their pkg is a little more expensive than that but includes a full open bar, cake, and some other stuff.  ANyway, you may be able to negotiate depending on what package you are looking for.  Their website isn't great, so it may be one you have to visit to get a good sense of.http://web.mit.edu/facultyclub/planning/weddings/index.html
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking for the same, I don't think I found anywhere for that price with a view though :( Hilton in back bay is less than 100pp but no view.  Seaport Hotel is also amazing but bit pricier than my budget.  Good Luck
  • ashleykellyashleykelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing the MOS and the views are awesome!!! Our package is 14,000 for 100ppl, after open bar and gratuity tax etc, but they do charge a rental fee as well. If you can avoid that, I think you are golden!
  • terrax82terrax82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Hyatt Harborside, it's where we're doing ours and I love the view... although the proximity to the airport and the ability to drive there without going through the city were key for us since we're making everyone travel!
  • hapark11hapark11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the Hyatt Harborside for the view, however, I'm not sure about that price range.  Maybe if you weren't planning on doing an open bar and you'd be willing to cut a few items out of the menu packages, it could work.  But we're looking at well over $100/pp with open bar.  More like $150.
  • edited December 2011
    granite links gold club in quincy has an amazing view of boston and would probably be in your price range. i know of a bunch of people who did both ceremony and reception there (and I'm going to do both there).
  • edited December 2011
    Granite Links is a beautiful facility but their prices have gone up, about $135-$175 pp.  Anthony's Pier 4 had some of the most breathtaking views we've seen, but the reception room is very dated.  Good luck, it was tough for us and we had to finally bite the bullet on the State Room.  The Exhange Conf. Center was next on our list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards