Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

I need ceremony music help

I just booked our musician for our ceremony and I have no idea on where to begin for songs. I need help for the following:Parents marchWedding Party MarchDo I need a different song for ring bearer and flower girl?Bridal MarchExit MarchThanks in advance ladies!

Re: I need ceremony music help

• Thanks PP!Sacred/Secular/Both?BothInstrument Played (what type)/Recording? Organ and Choir
  • Okay, here's what I do.  Typically I play prelude music for about 20 minutes as guests are arriving.  When they are ready to seat the moms, someone comes up and tells me, and I play a piece that I can lengthen or shorten as needed.  (Sometimes someone jumps the gun, and tells me they're seating mom, and mom isn't ready yet, hence the need for an adaptable piece of music.)BTW:  It's not really a "parents' MARCH" but we call in Seating of the parents.Once MOB is seated, I begin the WP entrance.  You don't need a separate piece of music for the RB/FG:  they are part of the WP.Once the MOH is in position at the front of the church, I pause very briefly-10 seconds at the most, and begin the bride's music.Some suggestions that I use: Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Suggestions for processional/recessional music   Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring-Bach Air on the G String-Bach Sinfonia-Bach Prelude in C Major from the Well Tempered Clavier-Bach Water Music-Handel Trumpet Voluntary, aka Prince of Denmark’s March-Clarke Trumpet Tune-Purcell Canon-Pachelbel Several of the Brandenburg Concertos-Bach Joyful, Joyful-“Finale from Symphony #9-Beethoven Claire de Lune-Debussy Girl with the Flaxen Hair-Debussy Psalm XIX-Marcello Toccata in F Major-Buxtehude Spring from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi Autumn from The Four Seasons-Vivaldi Sheep May Safely Graze-Bach Fur Elise-Beethoven Wedding March~Lohengrin (Here Comes the Bride) Wagner  
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • You might check with your musician first, as they will likely have many suggestions. If they are associated with your church, they will know what is allowed and what is not, how long the musical pieces need to be for the size of the wedding party vs. the length of the aisle, etc... If they are not associated with the church, don't get your heart set on specific music until you've cleared it with the minister first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards