New York-New York City

Bridal salons in NYC???

We are planning a trip to NYC to try on bridal gowns for my sister's wedding.  My sister wants to go to Kleinfeld's and we wanted to try and make an appointment at one or two other salons while we are in the city.  Can anyone recommend another good salon?  Also, she has pretty much narrowed down her ideal dress to the following requirements:  ballgown and natural waist/princess fit.  So, if anyone knows of a salon that would carry a lot of this style dress - that would be great too!  Thanks so much!

Re: Bridal salons in NYC???

• edited December 2011
    You can try Bridal Reflections or Amsale (Kenneth pool has some ball gowns).
  • subdolasubdola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RK bridal has TONS of dresses.  You don't need an appointment, it's first-come, first-fitted. Just go early in the morning and put your name on the list, then you can browse their inventory.
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I had an amazing experience at Mark Ingram's Bridal Atelier. The service is truly top notch. Everyone who works there is so sweet and not pushy at all. Mark himself came by to talk with me both when I was choosing my dress back in December and also when I went for my first fitting last month. You will need an appointment. Also, if your sis has a smaller budget, then she may have good luck at RK Bridal. I have been there before and the service is nowhere near Mark Ingram, but they definitely have a huge variety of dresses and price points. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sarahb0485sarahb0485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress at Wedding Atelier and had amazing service. They have a large selection across every price point. GL on your trip! http://www.weddingatelier.com/
  • edited December 2011
    definitely check out saks fifth avenue.... they had an incredible selection and were able to show me many dresses in the style you are looking for.  FYI i ended up buying my dress at kleinfeld's.
  • edited December 2011
    Priscilla of Boston has gorgeous dresses! It's where i got mine and it's also a ball gown and they are great! The salon is right off the A train on 42nd street. congrats & good luck to your sister
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards