Retro and Vintage Weddings

Vintage Poll: October

What's your latest vintage inspiration?What wedding related project are you tackling this October?  Tell us about your bridesmaid dresses.  Are they vintage-inspired?
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Vintage Poll: October

• What's your latest vintage inspiration?I don't have any new inspirations, really, but I have some new ideas!  I'll be married next year the day before Hallowe'en, and I thought that including some fun wedding superstitions into the event would be fitting for that time of year.  I was also considering using vintage post cards of famous haunted places as table numbers.  That's about as "Hallowe'en" as my wedding is going to get, though.What wedding-related project are you tackling this October?I have nothing planned for this October other than losing weight.  It's been a nice break, actually.Tell us about your bridesmaid dresses.  Are they vintage-inspired?No, they aren't vintage-inspired.  I'm looking at different David's Bridal dresses in Sangria (for the maids) and maybe Marine (for the MOH).  I've asked each girl to choose a floor-length style that suits them best, and to accessorize and express their individuality.  Here are some of the dresses they have expressed an interest in.[img]http://tinyurl.com/yauozve[/img]
    Our Wedding Website
  • try again:[img]http://tinyurl.com/yauozve[/img]
    Our Wedding Website
  • Latest vintage inspiration: My great-aunt's china...we decided to use a cup and saucer from it as our cake topper with a few flowers. It's very victorian and it hints at FIs proposal at a coffee shop too! Wedding related project: Our invitations! They need to be mailed by the end of the month and are going to the calligraphers next week but when they get back from there we've got to fold and stuff, etc. to get them out in time. Bridesmaids' dresses: Bari Jay 351 in all black. They have a sort of antique looking crystal embellishment that reminded me of some of my grandmother's old costume jewelry. http://barijay.com/style.php?style=351
  • I took pictures of a Red Hat convention today and all the ladies had these hats they made.  Some of the homemade ones were really fabulous and used russian net.  Kind of inspired me to want to make my own veil/headpiece for my wedding eventually, instead of buying.I don't really need to tackle any wedding stuff this month.  I have lots of time.Haven't decided, but I think they will probably be some sort of cherry red color.  Its difficult to find vintage inspired dresses for them because they are size 2 through 22.
  •  Latest vintage inspiration: Two ivory lace tablecoths of my grandmothers. We will try to use them on the cake or favors table. Project: Calling the caterer's references and booking them! Bridesmaids dresses: Not sure if they are really vintage, but...Sweet Canteloupe v-neck wide strap knee length dresses from J.Crew. (pictures in Bio)
  • What's your latest vintage inspiration?  Recently I've been working on my hair.  I plan to do it myself and I got my headpiece.  So PIB if you would like to see it. What wedding related project are you tackling this October?   Looking for photographers in Vegas. We are getting married there and would like to find a photographer to do a short session with us in the Neon Graveyard and the Las Vegas sign.  Tell us about your bridesmaid dresses. Are they vintage-inspired?  I don't have a specific one picked out.  I'm only having a MOH, and besides telling her to buy navy and between knee and tea length, I'm leaving it up to her.  I have  a few that i'm partial to, but I want her to be comfortable and happy with what she buys.
    MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
  • What's your latest vintage inspiration?I recently started collecting vintage cameras, I was thinking of using them as centerpieces for the wedding if I can find enough of them for not too expensive and figure out some kind of way to display them on the tables while also not allowing guests to touch/break them. I was thinking acrylic display boxes but they seem to be kind-of expensive. If anyone has suggestions, let me know!What wedding related project are you tackling this October? FI needs to call the darn DJ and get him booked - he's been slacking adn thats like his only job aside from alcohol.As for me, I need to start working on getting my invitation wording all set up, pick a dress or at least narrow it down, and figure out this whole centerpiece idea thing.Tell us about your bridesmaid dresses. Are they vintage-inspired?50's style black dresses with white polka dots (PIB), DEFINITELY vintage inspired and they are my fav. thing about the wedding so far. I love them!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • What's your latest vintage inspiration? hairstyles, starting to think about hairstyles and veils.What wedding related project are you tackling this October? We are doing the contracts/deposits with our friends who are doing the catering, video and dj. Also doing our vintage style e-pics probably mid-late October! Tell us about your bridesmaid dresses. Are they vintage-inspired? they are knee length black dresses from Macy's. The top is very 30's style. I was going to include a link to the dress, but they must be sold out already because it is no longer on there.  :(
    Crosswalk
  • I just wanted to say I absolutely loved reading everyone's latest vintage ideas.  You're all so create!  :D
    Our Wedding Website
  • What's your latest vintage inspiration?Makeup! I am a makeup artist by trade and decided I am doing my own makeup for my day. I have photos everywhere of Marlene Detrich and Marilyn Monroe -gorgeous faces :)What wedding-related project are you tackling this October?Invitations, they are a diy project for me. i wanna make sure the layout fits what I had in mind and get the rest done and ready to go :)Tell us about your bridesmaid dresses. Are they vintage-inspired? Yes they are. I chose my wedding colors from a few of my FAV photos. One of Frank Sinatra in a pinstriped black and white suit and the famous white dress of Marilyn Monroe. Can't beat Black and white with Candy apple RED! My girls are all wearing black off the shoulder tea length dresses, my moh is wearing a red dress just a smidge different. Its got a little ruffle almost like a  salsa style bottom. I love them!!! Plus they all look absolutely gorgeous in them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards