Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Reviews

Hi girls, my wedding was almost two weeks ago, so I guess it's time for my reviews.

Venue
Piazza in the Village: A
We loved the Piazza and our coordinator, April.  She was amazing and everything went so smoothly!  Piazza handled everything and the it is such a beautiful location.  We did have the reception in the smaller ballroom, and it was great for our intimate wedding.

Florist
BowKay Designs: A
Kristi was great also.  I wasn't very specific about what I wanted, but everything she did was terrific.  The bouquets and centerpieces were all beautiful.

Photography
Eternal Stories: A
Jennie is so sweet and so far I've only seen our sneak peak photos on her Facebook page, but I'm really pleased with what she's already completed.  She was very reasonably priced and I can't wait to see the rest of our pictures.

Cake
The Cakery: C
The first meeting I had with The Cakery went well, but after that it was downhill.  After I made the final payment I asked for an update invoice to be emailed to me.  I had to call three days in a row before this was actually sent.  Then when cutting into our wedding cake, they got the flavors mixed up.  The grooms cake was supposed to be strawberry, but that's what they made the wedding cake.  In the grand scheme of things, this doesn't matter, but I was definitely shocked when I cut into the cake and saw pink!

DJ
JaBel Productions: A
Jim and Belinda were so great and worked really well with our coordinator to make sure everything moved along during our reception.  They read the crowd really well and played a great mix of music.

Makeup
Elinia Eads: A
Amazing!!  I met Elinia at the salon I went to for my e-pic makeup.  While there she told me she was leaving there and gave me her info.  She recently moved to DFW from Hawaii, so she offered me an amazing rate to help build her business in the area.  She traveled to my location for both my bridals and ceremony makeup.

Dress
Emma's Bridal Boutique: B
When I purchased my dress the consultant seemed pretty inexperienced, and the salon is very small and cramped.  I came prepared with pictures and found the perfect dress.  When I purchased the dress they told me it would be in by the end of July, but it didn't arrive until min-September.  This really wasn't a big issue since I bought the dress pretty far in advance, but it was kind of annoying that it arrived 1 1/2 months after they said it would.  

Tuxes
Men's Warehouse: A
All of the bridal party already purchased tuxes for a wedding they were in a few months before ours, so we only rented the vest/tie.  I don't think there were any problems with any of the rentals.

Alterations
Becky Fowler: A
Like everyone else has said already, Becky is wonderful.  She is so sweet and really loves what she does.  I will recommend her to any of my friends who need their dresses altered.

Rehearsal Dinner
Kirby's Steak House: A
We had no issues with the rehearsal dinner and everything was delicious.  They printed additional copies of the menus for me to keep, in case I wanted to use it in a scrapbook.  Michelle was a pleasure to work with.

Wedding Night Hotel
DFW Hyatt Regency: A
I actually checked into the hotel the night before the wedding, so we could use it to get ready in the following morning.  When my MOH and I arrived in the room they had chocolate covered strawberries.  Even though we were stuffed from the rehearsal dinner, we still ate some, and I thought it was a really nice gesture.  The day of the wedding we ordered some room service to snack on while getting ready, it was typical room service quality.  I thought it was very convenient that we were already at the airport, so when we left for the honeymoon the following morning it was really easy.  Also, we didn't hear a single plane the entire time we were there!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards