June 2012 Weddings

What would you name kids?

2»

Re: What would you name kids?

• My three are: Mary Grace Elizabeth (named for my GGM, and former MIL & her mother), Matthew Michael Ezra (named for his dad, great uncle & ex's GGF), and Marjorie Suzanne Rebecca ( named for ex's GM, me and a name found in an old family Bible). FH and I are almost 40 so having one of our own are slim.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • We have two boys names and one girl.  The first born son will have the same name as my FI.  FI is a "Jr" and our son will be the III.  The other boy name is Pearce Harrison (Pearce is my maiden name) The girl Audrey Elizabeth.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • I love thinking of names!

Girls:
    Adelyn Grace
    Brynn Elizabeth
    Kensingten Marie (nickname Kensie)

Boys:
    FI is a III, so I'm leaving it up to him if he wants a IV. If so, we'll call the hypothetical him Thomas (FI is Tom, his dad is Tommy, his grandpa is also Tommy).
    Luke Thomas (if FI doesn't want a IV I want to use his first name as the middle name)

As you can see, I like making up girl names more--they're easier!
    Photobucket
  • Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:e96b0750-8fcd-41b1-8908-b60286acde3b">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE] FI is "the second" so I said no "the third" but that's about it.
    Posted by jaime10285[/QUOTE]

Same here! FMIL was pissed but just because she named her kid after her husband doesn't mean we have to! And my FI really doesn't care (thankfully)

For boys:
    Cameron Paul (Paul is FIs first name)
    Landon Anthony (Anthony is FIs middle name)

We also like Riley, Parker and so many more (I'm having a brain cramp)

For girls:
    Skylar Lee (Lee is FMIL and my moms middle names)

We also like Savannah, Cheyenne, Brynn, Brooklyn, Madison, Rylee
  • For boys we like: Gavin Anthony William Jackson Blake Connor Nicholas For girls we like: Gabriella Madelyn Charlotte Scarlet Olivia (fi likes) grace Lacey Lila Riley Natalie Morgan
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not that I want kids, but if one ever happens to "slip past the goalie", I've always loved the name Jacoby for a boy.  I can never find a girl's name I like.  Well, maybe Ricci.
  • I had a couple of names picked out before meeting FI: 

Avery William for a boy (William is my grandpa's name, and the middle name of my brother and two cousins)

Adrianne Marie for a girl (Marie is my mom's middle name). This might get changed to Adriana Marie or Adriana Maria in honour of FI's Latin heritage (his mom's name is Maria and Adriana is the name of a childhood friend).

Any other kids will not have names starting with "A" because I don't want to be that parent that has all their kids' names start with the same letter! (It's unfortunate--I like a bunch of "A" names!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:ca30211f-5873-4935-a6ce-ed1b5b47b622">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've already pretty much decided on Calvin for a boy, which FI picked out and I love. I love the name Cordelia for a girl, but FI vetoed that one since I got it from watching Buffy :) Also, I wanted the  name Harper Olivia, but FI's last name starts with a G, so her initials would be HOG and I just couldn't do that to my child. Also, this is a little weird, but I keep a list of baby names on my phone in case I ever think of one that I like. And FI and I aren't planning on having kids for at least a few years. (He says 5, I say 3)
    Posted by sjhansen28[/QUOTE]

That is so funny! Friends of ours have a Calvin and a Cordelia!! I said to FI what are the odds that 2 people would consider those 2 same names!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If we have a girl her name will be Ava Josephine. Ava is mine and FI favorite girl name. I couldn't believe it when we had our first baby name talk and relaized we shared the same favorite girl name!  We both also really like Elizabeth Margaret and would call her Libby for short.

Other possible names for a girl would be:
    Clara Margaret
    Violet Elizabeth
    Silvia Catherine
    Esme Lynn
    (Margaret, Josephine, Elizabeth, and Catherine are our Grandmother's names. Lynn is my middle name)

For boys our first pick at the moment would be Ian Thomas. FI is a junior and we both already made it clear there will not be a third. Thomas will definitly be the middle name though. It is FFIL, FI, and my Dad's middle name.

Other possible names for a boy:
    Benjamin Dale
    Ezra James
    Liam Michael
    Patrick Sullivan
    Again- all middle names are family names.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We've decided for sure on Leopold Edward for our firstborn son. These are both family names and FI is very persistent that any names we use need to be family names. . . my family HATES this name! my dad and sister tell me they're going to call the child Bob. I told them they could call him Leo for short, and that Leo is a pretty common name, so they shouldn't hate, but whatever. It's not their child :)

As far as girl names go, I absolutely LOVE Aurelia, but FI has vetoed it along with every other name I've ever come up with. He's a band teacher and so he's got like 200 kids that he sees every day and every time I come up with another name he's always got some kid in one of his classes (or had in one) with that name and so he says no. It's looking at this point like we may be the kind of parents who don't have a name for their kid until they're three months old (unless it's a boy)!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since FI's last name starts with G, I told him no middle names that start with A. _AG aren't good initials usually. Ive always wanted William Thomas after my dad. My grandpa on my moms side was Thomas Roland so Thomas is a favorite. I've even though about William Thomas Roland. He'd be called Tommy since my brother goes by Billy. FI suggested using his middle name (Robert) with William. And call him Billy Bob.....uh, NOOO! Perhaps Thomas Robert. For girls I like Moriah Lucille (land of Moriah in the Bible), and Georgia Rose, Lucille was my moms name. I'd prefer having it as a first name and calling her Lucy. Maybe Licille Moriah. Too bad FMIls middle name is Louise.. Lucille Louise doesn't sound right.
  • Ooh I forgot Olivia! I like Olivia Rose. Sophia is also a good one. I'm a teacher so I have a mental list of "not a chance in He11" names from former students. I've yelled those names enough for one lifetime. Left to his own devises, FI would name our son Camo Hunter or something like that! LOL
  • We have talked about it. I want to honor both my God Father and my Great Grandmother and have their names for our kids middle names. My God Father's name is Tony and my Great Grandmother is Lucia (pernounced Luchia in Italian). He does not like the idea of Lucia. He wants to use his grandfather's name Denzell, which is fine, but it doesn't go with Tony. So it looks like we need to have two boys and a girl...
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I loved reading everyones! 

We're 100% sure on the first boy being Diezyll (pronounced Diesel. Yes, like a truck.) With one of: Darnell (FFIL) Joesph (My Gido) or Erwin (FI's GPa.) We liked Diezyll Darnell, but with the intials its DDP.... which just sounds dirty! We also have Ayden picked out for a boy.

Girls we always fight about.. we know the middle name with be Tekla Lynn (Tekla being a family name on my side... I'm the 4th!) Lynn is FMIL, FSIL & FBIL's middle name. I\m trying to convince him Teslynn would be a good compromise for mixing both names together, then using it as a first name. I also like Anastasia (family name) or Karina. 
  • i love baby names! i can get so distracted by them. I too have a sticky on my mac full of baby names. The top one I have right now for a boy is Vincent James (vincent is FI middle name and James is my dad's name) and for a girl I have Harper Leigh ( no significant meaning just like it) but I have a slew of other names on the list. Im always adding some

boy

Aiden, Austin, Avery, Grayson, Archer, Ashton, Kingston, Blake, Harrison, Landon, Jackson, Alexander, Hunter

girl

Isabella, Peyton, Ryder, Kiley, Regan, Kennedy, Kendall, Aubrey, Sydney, Stella, Hailey, Ariya, Kimberly, Zoe, Danielle (middle name) Monroe

BabyFruit Ticker
  • FI have been talking about it alot lately! We picked Riley Michelle for a girl and Ethan James for a boy :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicMarch Siggy Challenge
  • I've talked to FI about names, my philosophy is "I carry our child for nine months, It comes outta my body, I get to name it." (I guess if we adopt it will be different?!)

Boys:
    Christian
    Owen Michael
    Patrick James (the III)--nickname "trey"

Girls:
    Marilyn Elizabeth
    Larisa (mix of my sister's names: Lisa and Lori but Lorisa looks wierd to me)
    June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • I really like the name Naomi. We've kinda talked about names, but it's in passing. Like we will be watching a movie and hear a name and I tell FI I like it and he either agrees or disagrees.

My FSIL is pregnant now. They will be able to find out the sex next week, but they are still on the fence whether they want to find out or not. Her dad's name is Constantine and she wants to have that part of her child's name. I suggested she use Constance for a girl, but she didn't seem too excited about it. The more I think about it, the more I think the name would be perfect, but to each their own!
  • edited February 2012
    FI and I love (well I have loved since a child) Isabella and Luca, no middle names decided yet, but will come from our parents names...  our moms have the exact same first and middle name so, if we have a girl it will be easy to choose the middle name from our moms names
    image 220 Are ready to party!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We haven't picked out names yet but know it will be something not as common such as McKenna or something.  

My FI's family usually has the middle name named after someone in the family.  I'm not sure if we'll do that or not.
  • We've talked about names but aren't really set on any. I would love to name our first son Connor Scot. I love the name Connor and my dad's name is Scot.  Other names I like are: Collin, Christian, Jackson, McKenna, Aiden (for a girl), Palmer, Peyton, Regan.  I would like to use my maiden name (Davis) for either a first time or middle name.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI wants to name our first son after his grandfather and really respect that even though he'd have 4 names. Robert Allen Warren FI'slastname

Other names we have picked out are Theodore Austin (I've always loved the name Theodore, most likely subconsciously because Theodore is my favorite Chipmunk), Fiona Mae and Isabelle Marie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:e4034800-6c6e-40d9-b8a4-f5919b724731">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As I said in the last post, if it's a girl FI has always loved<strong> Rylee Marie</strong> (I spelled it wrong before).  I like the name too so I can agree to that.  Marie would be the middle name after FI's grandmother. As for a boy, we like Logan for no real reason.  We haven't figured out a middle name yet.  I would like John because that was my grandfather's name, but it's also FI's dad's name so I don't think his mom and stepdad would be too happy about that.  Maybe it would be James after my dad.  My friend is also having her baby boy at anytime now and Logan is on their list so we may have to rethink it since we see them and hang out with them quite often.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

This is crazy because me and FI have decided to name our first girl Ryleigh Marie. We're spelling it like that because my middle name is Leigh and I have always loved the way its spelled.
  • Because FI & I are already done with children, here are the names. We don't "plan" on having any more, but if something was to happen, we would figure out names at that time.

My son:
    Joshua Luis - middle name is his grandfather's middle name

FI's children:
    Christina
    Katelynn
    Kayla
    Tyler
    Jacob Kenneth - middle name is FI's name
    Kendra Leeann - middle name is her mom's name
    Brett Alexander - named after Brett Farve for FI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:ca30211f-5873-4935-a6ce-ed1b5b47b622">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've already pretty much decided on Calvin for a boy, which FI picked out and I love. I love the name Cordelia for a girl, but FI vetoed that one since I got it from watching Buffy :) Also, I wanted the  name Harper Olivia, but FI's last name starts with a G, so her initials would be HOG and I just couldn't do that to my child. Also, this is a little weird, but I keep a list of baby names on my phone in case I ever think of one that I like. And FI and I aren't planning on having kids for at least a few years. (He says 5, I say 3)
    Posted by sjhansen28[/QUOTE]

Haha I have a list of names on my phone too.

FI did as well at one time but I asked him why since I already had one. He got butt-hurt and deleted it. I told him he could have his own list but I know I wouldn't agree to a name that wasn't on my list already.

Harper Olivia is a gorgeous name and both of them are on my list! :D

Girls:
    Harper
    Olivia
    Kate
    Scarlett
    Adele
    Ava
    Evelyn

Boys:
    Liam
    Gavin
    Harrison
    Hayden
    Fox
    Henry
    Patrick
    Jude
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Here are our names we've picked out:

Boys:
    Enzo Victorio
    Sheppard Phoenix
    James Archer

Girls:
    Lily Ann
    Ariana Victoria/Marisa
    Jennifer Arwen

Enzo is for Enzo Ferrari, the founder of Ferrari. Victorio is a name that's in FI's family and he wants to use it. We also wanted to use Ann, because that's also in FI's family. We're hoping for 2 boys and 1 girl (or all boys), so the last two girl names were just kind of thrown together. He has a unique last name that doesn't sound good with many first/middle names, so we had to be creative :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards