Florida-West Coast

Hi Ladies ~ Hotel Question.

Hello lovelies - Im a 9/09 from the east coast of FL.  We're heading to Tampa/St. Pete for a weekend and I wanted to know if anyone had any advice for a hotel on St. Pete beach.I was looking at The Dolphin and Sirata but the reviews are mixed at best....  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.TIA!

Re: Hi Ladies ~ Hotel Question.

• edited December 2011
    We did our room block at the Sirata.  I have had no problems.  The rooms are decent but not extravagent.  My wedding is Oct. 10 so if you are coming down after that, I can give you a better review then!  I dont know much about the Dolphin though, sorry! 
    BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Don CeSar!! Its a beautiful hotel!
    Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • sherwrightsherwright member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks - Loskadoodle - thats when we were planning on going - the 9-11th... lol.Unfortunately the Don Cesar is a little too pricey for us right now.We're not looking for anything extravagant since we'll be getting in late on Friday and at Busch Gardens all day on Saturday.Im also thinking about the Beachcomber.
  • edited December 2011
    Stay at the Sirata, you can visit us, haha!  :)  We have like 40 rooms booked there!!
  • signingjuliesigningjulie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sirata all the way! my wedding is there and I've stayed in a suite - it was really nice. The Dolphin is scary (looked there for my wedding also). I'd stay away from there at all costs. Yay Sirata!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome - thank you so much ladies.... Im going to talk to the husband tonight.  Hopefully get it booked asap.  Good luck Loska - I'll probably see your guests and if not you there! =)Here is some advice.... since my wedding was only a 3 weeks ago.I know everyone says it but soak it all in - enjoy every minute.  Dont sweat the small stuff but definitely make sure you get what you ask for.  Dont try and do everything yourself and let others help as much as possible.Make sure you tell everyone in your wedding party to smile at all times.  You never know when someone is taking a picture.Time went by so slow until I was at the alter - then it seemed like it was over in a heartbeat.Best wishes!!!  =)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!! We will probably be at the bar after, so feel free to join us! :)  And thanks for the advice..... I'm trying! :)
  • nillachicknillachick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand Plaza!
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Tradewinds Resort has two hotels: Island Grand and Sandpiper. Island Grand is family friendly, and the Sandpiper is more for adults - we stayed there for our wedding night and we've been back three times. Love it. I just checked the third weekend in October, and here are the rates I saw: Room overlooks parking lot: $137 for Fri night, $176 for Sat nightRoom overlooks garden or courtyard: $158 for Fri night, $203 for Sat nightSuite (bedroom+living room) overlooks courtyard: $160 for Fri night, $208 for Sat nightSuite (bedroom+living room) with Balcony that overlooks courtyard: $209 for Fri night, $268 for Sat night
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kristin - I booked the Sirata!   =)  I had to go through Travelocity though - the hotel itself changed to a 3 night minimum for that weekend.  But I got in  with Travelocity and at a cheaper rate then the hotel offered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards