Massachusetts-Boston

OCEAN VIEW INN GLOUCESTER????!!!

I am trying to book my venue and took a look at the ocean view in gloucester... Has anyone attended a wedding or planning their wedding at this venue?? Any advise would help!!

Re: OCEAN VIEW INN GLOUCESTER????!!!

• Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is there on Saturday. They have been amazing to work with so far, I would recommend them to anyone.  What types of questions did you have???
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • sabrownesabrowne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh good luck!!! Would love to hear how it goes! How many guests are you having? Did you book rooms?? how was your tasting??
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, the food is to.die.for. I am making it a point to actually sit down and eat on saturday, we have eaten in the manor several times over the last year, and its always delicious.  We have 175 guests, so we are in the Atlantic Ballroom. The ballroom is nice, but you have to bring in your own dance floor and alcohol (which ends up being cheaper, and you get open bar)  We did a room block, which was all taken and also booked their 9-room suite, which is where the afterparty will be and the bridal party is staying.  Rick, at the front desk is my favorite employee....always promt at returning all of my emails (which have been lots hehe)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info!! Have a great day!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anytime! If you book there, let me know if I can be of any help :)
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my wedding there on 9/12!  It couldn't have gone smoother (except for the foul weather, but that's not their fault, haha).  I was apprehensive at first because there are some AWFUL reviews out there on the internet, but now that it's all said and done I have absolutely no complaints.  The owner is...um....not a people person, but everything I needed got done and the rest of the staff is great. Ad BradsGirl said, the food is AMAZING.  Really unbelievable.  I would definitely recommend them, please let me know if I can help with anything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    And yes, Rick is my favorite person as well!!!!! Oh, and we had 110 people and were in the Manor Room.  The Manor Room is smaller, with a less expensive deposit, but you can't bring in your own alcohol, which can get pricey.  Rodney was my DOC and he did a GREAT job!BradGirl-  I wanted to rent that 9 room suite SO BADLY for an after party, but we ended up just doing a regular room block instead since our wedding was in the other building.  :)  Have so much fun this weekend, I'll be thinking about you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TammieMarieTammieMarie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the OVI but was turned off by the owner and by the layout of the front room.  He kept changing his tune regarding prices and was putting pressure on to book on the spot since he claimed there was only one spot available.  I found the guest rooms tired and overpriced as well.  JMO
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could not agree more!  I found the location priceless but the owner very volatile and unpredicatble.  I felt pressure to book the one day available and did not have very good vibes.  It is such a beautiful place but would not put the biggest day of my life in his hands. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards