Rhode Island

Officiant Recommendations

We are getting married on January 16th and I am just beginning to look into officiants for our service.  We will not be getting married in a church; we would like a simple ceremony with traditional vows. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Officiant Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    A few posts done, I mentioned my officiants. The Cavalconte's out of Bristol. They are a husband and wife team, They are about $550.00. I was able to meet with them twice and they will be at my rehearsal and the best part was this very nicely laid out book they have so you can write your ceremony. There is a lot more that goes into writing out your ceremony then you may think. I would have forgotten about certain things or gotten inudated with information on line if I didn't have that book to help lead the way. I have also heard great things about Skip Sweeney but he was booked on my day.
  • edited December 2011
    I have booked Skip Sweeney for my wedding next summer and so far I am very satisfied with him. He is really nice, thoughtful, and always very quick to respond. His fee for us is $300.
  • pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mary Powers!revmep.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skip Sweeney did our ceremony at Alpine Country Club back in June. He was great before the wedding helping us customize it, and he was there for the rehearsal and day-of on time and very professional. As pp said, his fee is $300. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • erinr179erinr179 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Mike Egan and loved him.  He is so laid back and handled everything.  He was at our rehearsal too. 
  • MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Mike Egan too (sort of). Mike was very nice and helpful. He was great at staying in contact and making sure everything would be smooth the day of the wedding. The only problem was that he got food poisoning the day of our wedding and couldn't actually marry us. He did send a replacement.
  • soinlove26soinlove26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deb Hoch ...I dont have her website but she is based on Seekonk ma. and you can find her by googling her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards