Ohio-Columbus

Short North bridal shop

Does anyone know info about the bridal shop in the Short North? Has anyone been there? I'm looking for some different places to go shopping for my dress here in Columbus and wondered if it was worth checking out. Or other options would be great. Obviously I know about David's and Wendy's, so if anyone knows of any others, maybe lesser-known shops, that would be great. TIA

Re: Short North bridal shop

• edited December 2011
    In Columbus, I know of Alan Ray Bridal, Girls in White Dresses, and there's another one over in worthington by the Inn, but I can't remember the name of it. I think maybe it was knottie kyrose that got her dress at that one... but don't quote me! :P Also, if you get a chance, you should really try to make the trip out to Cincinnati to check out Bridal and Formal (one of the largest in the country with over 4000 dresses in various price ranges), European Bridal, Cincinnati Bridal, and Fabulous Bridal. The first three are in the reading bridal district within walking distance of each other and the last one is in Covington, which is just over the river. I got mine at Cincinnati B&F -- pretty good experience, but unlike the other smaller shops. Less personal attention, wider selection, and and able to match prices in many cases as well. :) Good luck! Hope you find the one! :D
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's called Big Rock Little Rooster.  They had some gorgeous Vera Wangs in the window display a couple weeks ago.  If you think a store like that is in your budget definitely check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Big Rock Little Rooster. The girl was so nice. It's a very cool little shop. They are definitly high end. The do have Vera Wang and the dress that I tried on that I liked was $4500. Way out of my budget. I got my dress at Trumpington Bridal House. It is in Sunbury Ohio. Just north of Westerville. Kathy was so wonderful. She has a great selection and is so easy to work with. The prices were great for it being a boutique. My dress was an $1100 dress that I got on sale for $500. I love it and I am so happy that I stopped there!
  • edited December 2011
    Big Rock Little Rooster is such a great shop, and that's coming from someone who went to every dress shop in Columbus and Cincinnati. I might be a bit biased though, because I personally know the shop manager Kristin and the store owner Rebecca. (Kristin and I used to work together.) Kristin always gives the customer such an amazing experience. I got my dress somewhere else before the store opened, but I am getting all of my accessories from there - I have already picked out a gorgeous headpiece and bracelet, exactly what I have been searching for! The store is very high fashion and carries designers you won't find in Columbus (but similar designers to Saks' bridal shop when it was here), and Rebecca has hand-selected every dress that appears in the shop. Rebecca and Kristin are going to market this month and told me they will expand their selection in the next few months. Really amazing place! A couple of other boutique-style bridal stores in Columbus are Girls in White Dresses in the Arena District and La Jeune Mariee in Worthington. If you make the trip to Cinci, some great boutique-style stores are European Bridal and Fabulous Bridal (in Covington, KY but only about 20 minutes away from Cinci). But definitely check out Big Rock. It's worth it even if the dresses are above your price range, the store is beautiful and the accessories are reasonable, and who wouldn't want to try on a Kenneth or Vera?
  • edited December 2011
    The one in Worthington is called le jeune mariee and there is also joans bridal which is newer in reynoldsburg where my bms and I got our dresses and we had a great experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards