Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Ritz Carlton Club level in Maui

Hi does anyone have any experience at the Ritz Carlton in Maui. There is a special on the club level and I was considering it. Our trip advisor says it includes 5 "meals" The website says breakfast and light snacks. Just wanted to see if anyone had been there and thought it was worth it. Thanks!

Re: Ritz Carlton Club level in Maui

• Options
    the only thing I have ever heard was someone mentioned that it is not right on the beach. I am sure no matter if that is true or not you CANNOT go wrong with the Ritz!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do it!!!! I just got back from a family trip there 2 weeks ago and we did a club level package thru expedia, it was a fantastic deal. No, the hotel is not right on the beach, but most rooms have ocean views and it is maybe a 5 minute if not less walk down do the beach, super private beach!! And they even offer golf cart shuttle to and from there, though honestly the walk isn't bad. Club Level=AMAZING!! We loved it. They have breakfast (with fruit, breads, yogurt, cereal, juices and 1 hot item that varies daily) Lunch, was salads, sandwhiches, usually 1 hot sandwhich, and various other things. Afternoon tea with iced tea cookies, candy scones, Dinner with One hot item, first night was Filet Mignon, and other night pan seared tuna(did it right in front of you) and plenty of other stuff. Dessert with little desserts. Everything usally changed daily. Eat as much as you want! We would have breakfast lunch and dinner there if we stayed there and were always full. Best PART!! Free alcohal!!Wine, beer, liquor, port champagne. They say you can't leave with it but we always did and they neevr said anything. They were SUPER nice and always remembered our name etc. If you cannot tell I would go back there in a heart beat. It would be perfect for a honeymoon. Feel free to e-mail me if I didn't answer any questions! sarigarcia at sbcglobal dot net.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Forgot to add, I know everyone recommends Four Seasons and hotels on the Wailea side and it is probably amazing. But we went to Wailea side one night for dinner and LOVED that the Ritz was away from all the hustle and bustle of other hotels, it was very private and we really didn't want to leave it. Banyan Tree =AMAZING food too!
  • Options
    I just know from other people that have been there, that it is amazing.  My MIL told us we had to go there just to check it out, even though we weren't staying there.  I guess the massages at the spa there are really good too.
  • Options
    I love the Kapalua area. I'm always recommending that people stray to the northern part of the West Coast instead of hanging around Lahaina. It's so much more secluded and quiet and there are some great snorkeling beaches there too! I really enjoy Kapalua beach, DT Fleming, Honolua Bay and Slaughterhouse beach.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    just a funny story of my family and the ritz in maui: 1.  We rented a convertable with 6 large suitcases that didn't fit into the car, so we put them on top of the car! 2.  Checked in, went to dinner, charged dinner to the wrong room and broke the key off in the wrong room!  Even got lost trying to find our room! 3.  Got yelled at for using more than one floaters for the pool. 4.  Parked our own car because valet was too expensive. 5.  Walked though the hotel lobby on Christmas day in beach shorts and flip flops with a Pizza hut to go box while everyone else was in evening gowns and tuxs!!! 6.  Was rushing to catch an earlier flight and stuffing the luggage into the car and my dad said to the guy, " just stuff it in there!".  The valet guy stoped and said, "Sir at the Ritz Carlton, we do not stuff and cram, we properly place!" hehehehhehehe!We couldn't wait to get out of there!  Like PP said, stay on the high west coast...yes it's a ways out from Lahina but it's private and less busy!  Just got home from our honeymoon on sunday from maui and loved every min!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards