Moms and Maids

small crisis series

It has been a day...My daughter, getting married Saturday, woke up with a horrible cold.The friend of the groom who was going to keep the giant farting greyhound for the honeymoon backed out...so I get him back for a week.It is 50% chance of rain, half the reception space is outside.  So, tomorrow we have to decide whether to order the tent or not.  They require 4 days notice, or you are out of luck.  1000 dollars up front.  I think we have to do it because if I don't...it will rain sure as I have grey hair.  Of course, the reverse is true,  Right after I pay for it, it will be sunny and 75.  That is how my life goes.Last thing?  The minister went to the ER today and is having open heart surgery in the morning.  5 days away and we have no officiant.  So, I will be heating up the phones tomorrow.She is crying and snuffling, and it just breaks my heart.  I want so much for everything to be perfect for her.  So, we wuill find a new minister, pay for the tent, and stuff her full of chicken soup and vitamin C.  And, pray, pray, pray for sunshine.  The ceremony by the lake in the sunset is her dream, and i want that for her so much.So, I am headed back to the bathtub with my thermos, the crazy straw and a valium kicker.  Tomorrow is another day.
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: small crisis series

• edited December 2011
    Oh wow. Honey that sucks. Sending lots and lots of good vibes your way. And thank you for reminding me to color my hair.
  • TruchanaTruchana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, that sucks, but sounds like you are goin to make it perfect for her. I think you should do the tent as well.  String up some christmas lights and it will be beautiful.  Hope she feels better!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Aw...give Muffin a hug for me and refill the thermos. These are the things that make the last week so rough.  All I can offer is what I have learned so far - get up, don't freak out, and roll with it.  Tornado?  Where are my nails........Flood?  Where is that bucket? After 3 of them I have just gotten to the point of shutting off the emotion during crisis and going on auto pilot. Thinking of you both.  Please tell Muffin it really all will be beautiful and lovely and to rest a bit and kick that cold to the curb. I'm having wine delivered for you.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...this has been a wonderful place to vent.  I know you will hear more from me in the next few days!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We'll be right here.   
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh dear.  Well, I don't know the arrangements you made, of if you already have ideas, but call the Unitarian Universalist church in your area.    A similar thing happened to my sister for her first marriage.  I was visiting her in at Ft. Rucker, where she and her then fi were stationed.  The minister was in a car crash the afternoon before.  Both my parents were living, and we were staying in the same hotel.  So I took them to the hotel bar, and just asked the bartender who he knew.  He didn't know anyone, but the waitress came up with a name and number for us.  Voila. In the misery loves company department, it's raining AGAIN here in Atlanta. more rain expected.  I think I'm done with flooding, thank you very much.  My MIL arrives on Wednesday.And, to top it all off, my DD's brand new FIL had a heart attack yesterday.  Pass the thermos over here. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my, MM! Here's a (((hug))) for you and muffin. Tell her that the day can be rainy, with a minister who goofs up her name, that the farting dog can send her off with an EWWWWW, she can sneeze during the processional, and it will still be the most beautiful day of her life, because she'll be marrying her honey. And then tell her that none of that will happen. Oh-and have you tried Cold-Eze? I swear by it......
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards