Catholic Weddings
Options

Music

What processional songs have you choosen? I told our organist to choose the music, but do you have any favorites?

Re: Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    These are all songs you've heard at weddings or in church - but I've mixed them up a bit, so its not the typical songs for bride/recessional. Wanted to stay somewhat traditional yet not the typical songs - wtih the exception of the mothers song. mothers: ave maria (schubert)party: air on the g string (j.s. bach)bride: trumpet voluntary (clarke)psalm: i have loved you alleluia: celtic alleluiaprep: when love is foundcomm: jesu joy of man's desiringrecessional: allegro from water music (handel)
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the BMs walking in, I chose Etude in E Major by Chopin and for me, Keyboard Concerto in D Major by Bach. I think I have links to youtube samples in my planning bio under Ceremony.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the only song i requested was the ave maria for the four of us (MOH, BM and H and I) to walk into  i let the organist have free reign over all of the other music.
  • Options
    tnspighttnspight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Final prelude (important rel's):  Romanza from Eine Kleine Nacht Musik - MozartBMs:  Air from Water music - HandelB:  Trumpet voluntary - ClarkeRecessional:  Hornpipe from water music - Handel
  • Options
    rdixon2005rdixon2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a lucky girl, my dad wrote the piece of music that we are using as our processional. But I was having a really hard time finding other music until I found this website. http://www.mycatholicvoice.com/search/media?keyword=hymns&search_in=queryThey have tons of music avaliable to listen to and purchase if you like. If you and FI go to mass frequently I would suggest picking a song or too that is used at your church regularly. We are doing that I am reminded every sunday how truly blessed I am!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards