Illinois-Southern Illinois

Springfield, IL

I was just wondering if anyone on the boards in the Springfield, IL area.  Illinois only has Chicago and Southern Illinois boards and I'm neither.  :-(  Am I the lone Springfield, IL bride on here?! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Springfield, IL

• edited December 2011
    I am in Springfield too! It seems like everyone is either Chicago or St. Louis. Are you getting married in Springfield or somewhere else?
  • tls797tls797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well hey there....glad to know I'm not the only one!  I am getting married in Springfield.  How about yourself?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Where in Springfield are you getting married?  We are getting married out of state at the beach.

• tls797tls797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's awesome....a destination wedding would be nice!  Where are you going?  We are getting married at Blessed Sacrament in May.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, the church looks really pretty.  Where are you having the reception? 

We are getting married in Myrtle Beach.  We picked it randomly and because it is cheaper than other beaches. 
  • tls797tls797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a beautiful church...inside and out!  Our reception is at the KC Hall on West Iles. 

My fiance and I went to Myrtle Beach last summer and actually saw a wedding on the beach when we were there....great choice!  Have you checked into those direct flights out of Springfield?  That would be a great option for you and for any local guests that plan to attend.  Are you planning to have any sort of reception when you return?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmemkescmemkes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Champaign-Urbana area if that's close to where you are at!
  • tls797tls797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes that is close...about an hour away!  Nice to see a couple brides from "my area!"  Everyone I was seeing was either Chicago or St. Louis.  So when is your big day?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Yay for more central Illinois brides.  When and where are you getting married cmemkes?

Yeah, the direct flight will be really nice for our friends and my family.  All of his family is out west so we might have a reception out there once we get back.  We might also have a reception in Illinois if a lot of people cant make it.

• edited December 2011
    I'm from Industry, IL, which is just south of Macomb about 12 miles!  I was wondering if there were any other people on here that lived around me!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in Bloomington, IL...so not too far away! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Ash and Adnama - Where are you ladies getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Central Illinois.  We are getting married out of state, but I'm currently looking for a place to have our reception at.  That way family and friends can get together. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Jacksonville, IL but I currently live and got to school in Macomb. I'm planning my wedding for Springfield. It's awesome to see all the people from central Illinois!
  • edited December 2011
    Where in Springfield are you getting married Squishy?
  • edited December 2011
    Cayres5- I'm not sure yet. :)  We just got engaged on Christmas and I haven't really started planning or anything.
  • edited December 2011

Congrats!  One of my CW got married at Southwind Park in Springfield and it was gorgeous.  The ceremony was outside and the reception inside.  The sun was setting during the reception and the one whole side of the building is windows so it was very pretty.

• tls797tls797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So nice to see so many other central Illinois brides!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank god! Other Springfield brides!! I'm struggling finding reception venues in the area.  I mean, I know of some, but it's overwhelming.  Where do you gals suggest?
  • edited December 2011
    My fiancée and I are planning for Piper Glen golf course in Springfield. They have a huge outdoor tent that is just beautiful. Plus, we can bring in our own caterer.  Normal a tent would have been a no go, but this is carpeted, air conditioned (and heated) and has a dance floor. It's a bit pricer to rent, but you definitely save on catering as opposed to the hotels and such.
  • Dayna3773Dayna3773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from a little town outside of Decatur.   Sadly when the boards say "Chicago" and "Southern IL" it really means "Chicago" and "The rest of IL."  It's "southern" if it's south of I-80.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm from springfield! we're getting married at northfield inn and suits
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to this post but we're getting married in Petersburg and reception in Springfield at Northfield Inn and Suites!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bostonbaby10bostonbaby10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  live in Chandlerville.  About an hour from Springfield and Macomb! :)
  • Kessler2012Kessler2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Beardstown, IL and getting married in Springfield.  Just booked a place called Secret Recipes for the reception.  Seemed to be the most reasonable priced compared to the hotels and whatnot.  Plus, the guy was willing to negotiate some prices and stuff.  Has anyone heard of it?

Also, any ideas on a rehearsal dinner location??
  • edited December 2011
    Kessler - Is there a price range you are trying to stay within?  Any specific types of food that you are wanting?

Welcome ladies!  I am glad there are some more Central IL brides! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-southern-illinois_springfield-il?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:618Discussion:5633241d-22e4-4698-bf30-4180c82a0c4aPost:01507aa1-9845-4b2e-a5f6-ad0bcca69ab9">Re: Springfield, IL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kessler - Is there a price range you are trying to stay within?  Any specific types of food that you are wanting? Welcome ladies!  I am glad there are some more Central IL brides! 
    Posted by cayres5[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Not really I guess on the budget.  The cheaper the better I suppose.  My fiance is from the STL area, so his parents are hoping we will help with planning the rehearsal dinner--as far as finding a place.  Just some where in Springfield, preferably closer to the Hilton Garden Inn which is the hotel we are using.  The reception place (Secret Recipes) is also right there and we are going there to decorate after the rehearsal dinner.   It's all out by the interstate I believe-- I'm terrible with directions! </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Di Pieros is right by the Hilton Garden Inn.  It is Sicilian food and is good.  It is reasonably priced.  There is also a Mexican place called La Fiesta that is close and has good food.  It is also reasonably priced.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's cayres5... i'll have to check it out!  i haven't been on here much. wedding is still a year away... not too deep in planning yet:)  got most of the major things (church, reception site, photographer) out of the way already:)  

know any good dj's? thats about the only thing i haven't really looked in to yet.
  • I'm from Decatur. I'm gald I found this board!! Me and My fiance were wondering if anyone knew of a barn for our wedding? We are wanting to get married and have our reception in or outside of an old barn. I would be willing to even pay for using the barn!! Im gettin married September 15, 2012 PLEASE help me!!

Thanks Ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards