Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge...

Re: I judge...

• MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:f2546f23-6ac5-4d99-9d5c-ee1dbd51ebd3">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Tomorrow is "Bring Your Dog to Work Day"</strong> in our office and I'm super excited, and I don't even have a pet! A former coworker used to bring her dog in every couple weeks for the day and I loved it. For those of us too lazy to have pets, it's nice to get to enjoy other people's pets. That said, you need to know your pet and know that they're not going to be a bother to your coworkers. I thought about borrowing my mom's dog tomorrow, but the dog is way too high strung and would make me nervous. So she stays at home. If your pet is to hyper/crazy/skittish then you need to leave them at home.
    Posted by Meegles4[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow is actually national bring your dog to work day.  I brought April to the office after hours once.  She was none too pleased about me tying her to my desk while I tried to finish something.  Not sure if I'd try it again, or plan to have it be a productive day.
  • The dog in the office is actually a black lab, but she's smaller--maybe 40 or 50 pounds.  Honestly, Jax would probably have a wonderful time coming in with me, but I've only been here 7 1/2 months (after nearly 7 years at a job that had me sink so far into depression that I was on medical leave most of the 4 months before I was let go), so I don't feel like I can ask.

Totally agree that occasional dogs and casual clothes are a veritable nirvana compared to the last place.
  • I don't stare at how people pay, but when people are talking about it with the cashier it's obvious.  If they're talking about how to use their EBT card, or talking about it then it's obvious.  Of if they are standing their holding their card the whole time.  When you're standing in a checkout aisle it's pretty easy to be observant when you have nothing else to do but wait for them to finish.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    I'm jealous of everyone's bring your dog to work days.  I a) want a dog but we can't have one in our apartment and b) wish we could bring dogs to our office.  My CW has one and would love to bring him to work occasionally.
  • I don't care if people use coupons and they're organized, but when they're not paying attention and their coupons don't work, or they got the wrong thing and I have to wait 10 minutes for the cashier to fix I get annoyed and start rolling my eyes.  That 50 cents is not worth it, just cut your losses and move on.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Now I did know a lady who had permission to bring her daughter's kitten to work because it was so little it needed to be fed from a eye dropper at certain hours. I judge the people who dropped off a kitten that young on the side of the road.
  • Stage, that cat thing is weird.  Cats aren't really known for being social animals.

Several of my coworkers foster dogs that are being trained to be service animals.  They are brought into the office, but they also just rest under the desk and are actually being trained to do so.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:b9bc0365-e86d-4e20-a960-b7d7d2e6fa1d">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : That happened to me on Monday. Finally, I screamed, "I have BABIES IN MY CAR!" and he slowed down. I can tolerate people driving like diiicks on normal occasions, but not when my nephews are with me.
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]
    I judge this. Is one supposed to care more about not crashing because of the content of your vehicle? Blow me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:eb34fe92-15fc-4f62-b4ef-c64c101b173d">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should say that if it's an office-wide thing, or an environment that is fairly relaxed, that's one thing.  We used to have dogs come to rehearsals all the time.  But in a business office, it's weird to me, and it being a cat is even weirder.  The only "work" places I've ever seen cats are places like <strong>flea markets</strong> where they live there in the building.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I totally misread that as "fish markets" at first.

I agree that it would be weirdin a super professional environment, like a law office, or a doctor's office.  Our building is very relaxed.
  • Well the office I was referring to earlier was the Senate. About as formal an environment as you could find in many ways, but people still brought dogs all the time. It wasn't really a big deal.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:145d95a4-affd-4f17-84d7-50f3dd7ace94">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they should have a coupon check out aisle. So like if you are using more than 10 coupons or something you have to use that line only.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

YES.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:c1ea7bd3-73ba-4001-b8cc-b1c617dd2d78">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I judge this. Is one supposed to care more about not crashing because of the content of your vehicle? Blow me.
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you. I mean, everyone should be courteous of other drivers...but I mean, should I say "I HAVE EGGS IN MY CAR!!!!!" or something? I find this odd. <div>
    </div><div>I meant to say that earlier, thanks for reminding me, Daff.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:19fa5b95-452e-4945-afdf-fc5a958ee3fe">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't care if people use coupons and they're organized, but when they're not paying attention and their coupons don't work, or they got the wrong thing and I have to wait 10 minutes for the cashier to fix I get annoyed and start rolling my eyes.  That 50 cents is not worth it, just cut your losses and move on.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel the same way about coupons.  H always tries to use them, but I swear it takes us 3x as long to grocery shop and we save about $2.  Not. Worth. It.</div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe it's because we don't have the space to stock up on stuff and a lot of the coupons are like save $1 on 12 of these.  We don't need 12, we need 1, maybe 2.</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:145d95a4-affd-4f17-84d7-50f3dd7ace94">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they should have a coupon check out aisle. So like if you are using more than 10 coupons or something you have to use that line only.
    I would love that. It would give me more time to look through my binder in case I have extras to use and didn't realize it :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:d7ecce8e-3f43-4a18-a8bd-65d029393637">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : I would love that. It would give me more time to look through my binder in case I have extras to use and didn't realize it :)
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Right there with you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:1fdfead0-9cc9-47b9-973e-7274a7bf13f3">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : Gotta agree here.  The idea that having a kid in the car makes this a worse offense is pretty ridiculous to me.  But then again, I don't really get behind the whole "one life is more precious than another" idea.  
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, it's just self-important nonsense. I don't give a crap if you have a baby in the car, your grandma, a llama. I don't care to crash my car regardless. It's like those "Baby on Board" stickers. It's like they think other drivers are supposed to think they need to be extra careful or something because of their precious stinking cargo.  Eff off with that. <div>
    </div><div>I will allow you the baby bunny exception, though.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:145d95a4-affd-4f17-84d7-50f3dd7ace94">Re: I judge...</a>:

I LIKE!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You can load coupons on your kroger card from their app and website! I do it every once in a while and you don't have to remember you loaded them or anything. You buy it, scan your card and it's like "Oh hey! Last month you added a coupon for $.50 off! EXTRA HAPPY AND YOU DIDN"T REMEMBER!

I'm going to miss Kroger!
  • I wish I could get down with the whole coupon thing. Like, not extreme couponing or anything like that, but making a semi-conscious effort to save money on things I already buy? I fail.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:4e39ec10-4101-433e-95e1-9af2f65d598d">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Say whaaaaaa? That's awesome! I need to investigate this. Y'know..for the twice a month I make it to the grocery store.

<div>Twice a month?  H and I only go like once at month at max.  </div><div>
    </div><div>LDY, Dominicks has that as well.  You can load them on online and it is a nice feeling when it comes off at the end.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:30eab9e0-1e63-4add-8d18-4c2da17f2531">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can load coupons on your kroger card from their app and website! I do it every once in a while and you don't have to remember you loaded them or anything. You buy it, scan your card and it's like "Oh hey! Last month you added a coupon for $.50 off! EXTRA HAPPY AND YOU DIDN"T REMEMBER! I'm going to miss Kroger!
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

So happy to be moving back to the land of Kroger and 24-hour grocery stores!!  And Krogers have Graeter's ice cream!! 
  • I don't know how there are still Dominicks open Amy.  Their prices are insane.  
    Photobucket
  • Safeway does the coupons on your card too.  I miss their stores.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you guys have self check out at your super markets? Whenever I have coupons (albeit maybe 5 on a good day) I use that, use the gun, and prebag all my groceries. It takes me way less time than waiting in line, and waiting for someone to bag my stuff. I totally think it's important to watch out for kids. Do I judge the man who tailed FI last weekend and then passed him and turned so sharply he almost took out his bumper with his 3 kids in the car? Yup. But I don't think I would drink safer just because there are kids in the car. I drive safely anyways. It pisses me off because on a Sunday I was driving on MY street which has two churches on it, and some lady literally made this obnoxious motion for me to slow down and was freaking out. I wasn't barreling down the road, the speed limit is 25 and I couldn't have been going more than 25, and the street is narrow and she had her friggin double stroller in the middle of the street with all of her kids. There is a side walk on either side. I'm not going to slow down because there is a stroller on the road not even near me. Sorry.
  • Amy, how do you only go once a month?  What about produce and stuff?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:5defbaf5-0fa8-43f7-b279-7380d14b196c">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge... : If someone hit me with Clubber in the car, I would probably punch them in the face.  That's totally irrational but my dog is the light of my life. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    Well everyone's loved ones are the light of their lives. But it doesn't mean you deserve special consideration over anyone else on the road. Yanno?<div>
    </div><div>Everyone's going to be pissed if someone hits them. That's not the issue.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:19fc39e7-025a-4a6b-b4b5-6adee3138a57">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys have self check out at your super markets? Whenever I have coupons (albeit maybe 5 on a good day) I use that, use the gun, and prebag all my groceries. It takes me way less time than waiting in line, and waiting for someone to bag my stuff. I totally think it's important to watch out for kids. Do I judge the man who tailed FI last weekend and then passed him and turned so sharply he almost took out his bumper with his 3 kids in the car? Yup. <strong>But I don't think I would drink safer just because there are kids in the car.</strong> I drive safely anyways. 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Fantastic.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-judge-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9a931da4-368e-45a9-a98d-4df91bf2c11bPost:25e96b89-5559-477c-9231-a04b7fbc76af">Re: I judge...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy, how do you only go once a month?  What about produce and stuff?
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

For real.  I swear we end up at the store at least once or twice a week for little stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards