North Carolina
Options

Off to see Olga!

I'm off to my final fitting!!!! I can't believe it's here!!!!

Re: Off to see Olga!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Good luck, hope it turned out perfectly :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathleen are you going by yourself? I've been kind of stressed lately because Olga said I could probably come pick up my dress on a Sunday, and that I'd need to bring someone with me to show them the bustle. But, my MOH works on Sunday mornings AND evenings, she works for a church, and Olga is 2.5 hours from us... :/  it would be an extremely tight squeeze. I dont think either of my other 3 bridesmaids could go. I would try to take off a Friday and go, cuzz my MOH has Fridays off, but I dunno if she could fit me in on a Friday afternoon. Anyway sorry for the rambling!
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katherine, have you thought about video-ing the bustle process?  If your digital camera takes videos, you could easily set it on Olga's table so that you can film her working the bustle on your dress... would that work?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a great suggestion, I was actually thinking about that yesterday, but I dont have a video camera and i dont think my camera (7 yrs old) does it :(
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!!! I went and picked up my dress today and it is perfect!!!!
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katherine... can you get olga to put your dress on a mannequin or something and show you how to bustle it. Then you could repeat the same thing at home with your bridesmaids. Also, maybe you could label the bustle strings or points to make it easier to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea too, Meredith.  You could get different colored thread (I'm sure Olga has some) and tie it on the coordinating points so that you know which one goes where if that would help. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she may have said something about numbering the bustle points... not sure how that would work, but if she can do that, I can hopefully then watch her do it and explain it to my BM's. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know with my bustle, that each of my strings is a different color. The blues tie together, the pinks tie together, etc. So I would just ask how it works - maybe it's not so hard?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope not, but I fear it will be a PITA, after Olga told me I had "not a princess dress, but a QUEEN dress!" and that my bustle points would be $8 each because of all the fabric, AND that my bustle might break the record for her highest number of bustle points (34), you start to kinda wonder... ;)  lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katherine, there aren't enough colors in the world to make your bustle easy to understand ;) If you can't find anyone to go with you, have Olga show you how to bustle it on a dressform & number the strings. Then on your wedding day, take the dress off to bustle it so you can help out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up with 15 points. She nubered them and we threw my dress over a chair and bustled it. She said it's much easier to make the bustle when I'm not wearing the dress. It looks great!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it went well.Katherine, Olga numbers all her french bustle points. You'll see 2 strings labeled "1", & you tie those two together, etc.Even though DH came with me to learn how to make the bustle, we still ended up w/ this amusing pic:http://tinyurl.com/yd34up4From left to right, those are the best man's hands, DH's hands, & Kathleen's hands (one of our photographers) :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laud, that picture is classic!  Love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That picture is too funny! She pretty much told me that I have to take mine off to bustle it (it would be impossible to find all those ribbons with the thing on!), and she did number all the points, so Katherine, it shouldn't be a problem. I wrote all my steps down though, just in case!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all!!! You guys rock. I feel much better now :)  Laud, that pic is hilarious!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards