Ohio-Cincinnati

Photographer Nightmare HELP!

Hey ladies!My very best friend is getting married on October 17th (10 days AHHHHH!)  and her photographer has double booked her day.  Not only did the women she booked with know about this a month ago and did not tell her, but they also are NOT willing to work with her whatsoever to fix the problem.  The only photographer they recommended is not the kind of photography my friend wants.  We are now in a mad dash to find a photographer that is in her budget and that is NOT booked on that day.  This situation is a total nightmare not only because the wedding is only 10 days away, but also because she is only hoping to spend about $850 for the full shabang if you will.  If you know of anyone or can recommend people for us to call, we'd really appreciate it.  We're in a complete time crunch and desperately need your help.  We need names and phone numbers in an expedient manner!  Thanks so much everyone!  You are so appreciated! 

Re: Photographer Nightmare HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Yikes so sorry to hear about that!  Wish I could help...hope everything works out for her!
  • EABinkholderEABinkholder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about lucky clover! Give them a call--not sure about their pricing, but its worth a try!
  • mollyfayemollyfaye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Dunaway Photography. Not sure if they're available but they are SO nice and have a great mix of styles as well as fantastic price point. It's Jason and Dusty Dunaway. Email jason@dunawayphotography.com or the number is (513)509-8006. The website is dunawayphotography.com. You can tell them you got the info from Kyle & Molly if you like.
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally recommend Lucky Clover! I booked with them. Their prices start at $850, so they are definitely in the right price range. http://www.luckycloveronline.com/# Tell them Debby sent you!Also, look at innovatory. Joe is awesome, and we almost went with him. His packages are in that price range, and he may even cut you a break because of the short notice and the problem with the original photographer. http://www.innovatoryphotography.com/ Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    My advice would be to google all photographers in the Cincinnati area, write down all of their numbers, and just start calling them one by one. If you find a photog who isn't booked on that day, then there's a good chance they will work with your friends budget- especially since otherwise they wouldn't have a job for that day. Another option would be to call UC or another school in the area with a photography program and see if you can get some students to do her wedding. Talk to the professors, they might even do it for free and make it a project or something. Not as great as "true" professionals but at least she'd still have somewhat professional photos and I'm sure they could send multiple students so she'd have a lot of options.I'm not sure if this is going to work but it's what I came up with! Good luck and I really hope it works out for her!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • bbohacbbohac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    who is the photographer is the double booked? just curious
  • edited December 2011
    Call some of the better known photogs and tell them the situation and ask if they can recommend one of their assistants that might be available that day.  Often times photographers just fill in as assistants for other photographers because they don't have their own wedding to do on that day.  They are often just getting started in the business or just do it on the side.  They usually have the same style of the studio or the studio wouldn't use them.  Try Essenza or Mark Garber.  Also Tine, Steph, Robert Hogan, etc.  All the ones you see on here repeatedly.  Good luck to your friend.  Let us know how it turns out.
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with PP.... just start calling all photographers. Check here on the Knot and google them. She can try our photographer Second Sight Photography SS-Photography.net or http://www.leighbtaylor.com. Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    you can try my photographer, Manny Trejo with Trejo Photography.  I have lots of pics in my bio from him.  He is from Dayton but he photographs weddings and events all over Ohio and even out of state.[url]www.trejophotography.com[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    My photog is Mark Ferguson. I don't have his number with me, but I'm sure if you google mark Ferguson photography you will find him. He is very reasonable, talented, and a great guy. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Erika Rice 937-417-0896 erika at erikaricephoto.comI would try calling, if she doesn't answer definitely send her an email as well - she seems to respond faster to emails.  From her website it looks like she's available on your date. http://erikaricephoto.com/?load=flash   GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Mandy Nagel @ spark photos. She is just starting out so she may not be booked. She charges $750 for 8 hours she did a great job for my friends wedding who also had to book last minute. info@sparkphotos.com, (513) 602-7955. Good luck I hope everything works out.
  • 678Sara678Sara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try www.nikitagrossphotography.com. Her name is Nikita Gross (obv), and she's also on facebook.  Her pictures are fabulous, and she's just starting out, so she might be available.
  • hunleyweddinghunleywedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Innovatory Photography booked for my wedding next year.  He is very reasonably priced and a very nice guy.  His contact info is below: Joe PorterInnovatory Photography513.335.6044joe@innovatoryphotography.comwww.innovatoryphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    try imagesbycoleman - she is my cousin but she is usually really busy!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is kinda far away, but she may be available and her pricing is AMAZINGLY reasonable.www.breakthroughimages.com Her name is Bethany and she's great!Tell her Rebecca sent you!
  • caseyandaxlecaseyandaxle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this lady. she does a wonderful job... and very inexpensive I am telling you prob less than what you want to pay. here is her info Polly Stringer859-468-1153www.snapshottreasures.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards