Missouri-Kansas City

KC Brides - Do we have a pulse?!

Hola Knotties -Just checking to see if we're alive an' kickin'! I know we each probably have our "own" boards that we write on, but I'd love to see the KC board come alive, too! I think we're at somewhat of a disadvantage because we're kind of a "hidden" board (only the Wichita/Ta-town board shows up when I search locations) and we don't seem to have too many ladies passing through this way to comment on people's post. That said, why don't we try to breathe some life back into this board? Bride quiz:Name:FI Name:WD:Favorite part of wedding planning:Most looking forward to [blank] after being married:Wedding detail about which you're most excited:Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI):....aaaaaand GO! (please?) :-)

Re: KC Brides - Do we have a pulse?!

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: ClaireFI Name: JakeWD: 9/18/10Favorite part of wedding planning: ALL OF IT! haha seriously though... all of the DETAILS that can go into this day.. it can be whatever you want it to be! ...and "checking" things off my TK "TO DO" list!Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Living in the same home, sleeping in the same bed every night, es eeee ex with Fh...WOO! ;-)Wedding detail about which you're most excited: Either the photobooth or the trolleys... if my guests have a blast, then I have a blast!Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): reading a good book or going for long walks at nearby parks
  • edited December 2011
    Name:  JaimeFI Name:  MattWD:  November 21, 2009Favorite part of wedding planning:  Checking things off of the to do list.Most looking forward to [blank] after being married:  Finally living together! Wedding detail about which you're most excited:  Pictures, we hope to be able to go on location somewhere with wedding party and shoot pics.  Hopefully the weather will be nice!Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI):  Sitting by the campfire chatting with FI or reading a book.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Name: Janelle FI Name: Justin WD: 10/02/10 Favorite part of wedding planning: I love going to all of the appointments and feeling like a bride :) I am most looking forward to...our honeymoon! We already live together and have for almost 2 years :) No, but I am REALLY looking forward to having another baby. (I already have a 3 year old) Wedding detail about which you're most excited: As of right now, my dress! I LOVE it! We have not started on all the little details yet, just getting the big ones out of the way. Fave NWR past time: going to the lake when it's warm of course and when we can't do that...we like to go bowling or watch movies :)
  • edited December 2011
    First, what other KC boards are out there??Name: JennaFI: ChrisWD: 2/27/10Favorite Part of planning:  Flowers and Photography.  I loved looking through everything that was available with both of these.Most looking forward to: relaxing with my husband after all this is said and done...oh yeah and the honeymoon!Wedding detail which most excites me:  Photo booth!
  • edited December 2011
    Name: Jeni...but everyone calls me jenifriend - it rolls off the tongue a little nicer!FI Name: JeremyWD: 4.24.2010Favorite part of wedding planning: Getting my hands dirty with DIY stuff.  I love making things so it's been really exciting to see the fruit of that labor evolve into something special for our wedding.Most looking forward to [blank] after being married:  Saying I'm married to Jeremy.  The ability to be able to say that officially just really excites me...he'll be my HUSBAND...that's just so awesome.Wedding detail about which you're most excited: All of the sentimental details being done to commemorate family, loved ones, community, our love of food...the special touches like that.Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): my current fave past time would be hanging out on the coast of south carolina with my MOH, four bottles of wine, a picnic blanket and a beach making a night of long overdue catching up. with my FI, though, will always be the post-work day cuddles...
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea!! Name: Chrissy   FI Name: DavidWD: 10-10-10Favorite part of wedding planning: Picking the food!  We haven't finalized the menu, but going to the tastings to find a caterer we liked was my favorite part, lol.  Also, the CAKE!  I'm obsessive over trying to find a "different" looking cake that not too "different."  Oh and it has to taste amazing (ew fondant!)Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Saying David and I are husband and wife!  Sometimes I get giddy about it, haha!  We have lived together for almost 5 years so it will be nice to finally have that be legit, lolWedding detail about which you're most excited: Macaroni and cheese bar!!!  I am obsessed with mac/ch and adding different ingredients to it to make new creations (best, hamburger and peas... worst, chorizo...ok tasting, but the texture was awful), and our caterer has a station where guests can add various ingredients (like lobster, chicken, asparagus, etc etc etc)Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): I like movies, cooking, and riding horses, although now that I'm in KC I haven't found a place to ride, or the time.
  • edited December 2011
    Name: Beth FI Name: Ian WD: August 14, 2010 Favorite part of wedding planning: Dress shopping! Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: decorating our first home together Wedding detail about which you're most excited: besides the dress im going to have to say im excited about seeing the cake Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI):cooking..although im not very good at it.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey SoonToBeMrsAvery - That mac and cheese bar sounds AWESOME!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea! I agree, the KC board is dead. :)Name: KristenFI Name: RyanWD: 10.10.10 !! Favorite part of wedding planning: Everything. I love to plan and even the smallest details mean a lot to me.Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Living together! We have both been a sort of "long distance" relationship (colleges are 4 hrs apart and only see him every other weekend) since we've started dating so it'll be nice to finally just be together.Wedding detail about which you're most excited: Hmm....our "CH." We'll be serving Hot Chocolate/Hot Apple Cider with cookies. Perfect for the time of the year! :)Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): Without Ryan - reading (he hates to haha). With Ryan - just being with him! It doesn't matter what we do.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    BubbaLovesHim - yeah I'm very excited!!  We were originally going to have Jacks Stack cater... mostly because I could not find anyone that had something unique, where the food actually tasted good, and was within my price range.  My caterer is Delish, and they actually ended up being cheaper than JS because we would have had to pay extra for linens, servers, and a bunch of other stuff.And I paid the 2nd half of my deposit on my venue today!!!  I had to find somewhere to mention that because it means we're almost at the year mark!!! :D  Being engaged for almost two years before the wedding SUUUUCCCKSSS!
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: SaraFI Name: ChrisWD: 6-5-10Favorite part of wedding planning: So far, it's been dress shopping! It was so much fun!Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Being able to call him my husband. Planning for the future, such as buying a house and having kids. We've lived together for two years, so I don't expect too much day-to-day to change. Wedding detail about which you're most excited: Seeing all of my out of town family/friends, eating good food, dancing, and having a great time.Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): hanging out with friends, reading, watching movies. I agree about trying to breathe some life back into the board. I like this board because I've gotten good recommendations from it, but it isn't too active!
  • RHILEA77RHILEA77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree! Lets get this board going. I check on it from time to time..but usually theres nothing going on. So I stick to my July 2010 board. Name: Rhiannon FI Name: Jeremy WD: 07-17-10 Favorite part of wedding planning: The excitement of it all coming together!! Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Officallly being Mrs. D! Wedding detail about which you're most excited: Our "private moment" before the wedding. Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): Being with my "Girls", and with him....the last 5 minutes before we go to sleep.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this! :) Name: Molly FI Name: Josh WD: May 14, 2011  (we got engaged May 14 of this year) Favorite part of wedding planning: Everything so far. I love figuring out all the details! Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Just simply being together forever! We dated 6 years, and will be engaged for 2 so it will be nice to officially be married after 8 years :) Wedding detail about which you're most excited: The little things! My center pieces, favors, invitations. Pretty much the little things people won't even notice but I am so excited about :) Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI):I love to camp and travel, shop, hang out with my friends and family!
  • edited December 2011
    Name: Jennifer FI Name: Jeff WD: 7/31/10Favorite part of wedding planning: All of it has been fun so far! It's a lot of work, but it's exciting seeing it all come together!Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: being married and starting our life togetherWedding detail about which you're most excited: I'm excited to have all of our friends and family here to celebrate our big day. I'm also excited about our photographer! She's awesome! :)Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): We adopted a Labradoodle puppy earlier this year, so we enjoy playing with him and watching him grow...he's our "kid!" :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for starting this, we do need some lively discussion!!!  Name: AshleeFI Name:  DavidWD:  6-5-10Favorite part of wedding planning:  Everything!  It's a great distraction from school:)Most looking forward to:  Our honeymoon!!!  FI is keeping it a secret from me until last minute.  We already live together:)Wedding detail most excited about:  Having a great time with all of our friends and family!  And the dress:)Fave NWR pasttime:  FI and I like to travel, try new restaurants, and new beers:)  Also, girls' night is very important!
  • arcampbellarcampbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride: AshleyFI: AustinWD: 7-24-10Favorite Part of Wedding Planning: Cake tasting and adding all of the sentimental details to make our wedding day special!Most looking forward to:  Living together!  I can't wait to fall asleep together and wake up in the morning to my prince charming!Wedding detail:  I am excited to say our vows...I also can't wait for our special moment where we will first see eac other that day.Past time - enjoying great vino and hanging out with girl friends!
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea!Bride: JessicaGroom: JohnWD: 7/3/10Favorite part of wedding planning: We are finally at a point where everything is coming together and I have a feel for how things are going to work together, so I'd have to say just being done with a lot of the major decisions.Most looking forward to: living together after being marriedWedding detail most excited about: Right now it's my dress...it is suppose to be here in 10 days!!NWR past time: My free time has been a little non existent between med school and planning a wedding but I love to cook with/for friends and running.
  • edited December 2011
    Name: TaraFI Name: GregWD: 11.15.09Favorite part of wedding planning: all the little details (even the DIY ones that are giving me a headache), seeing how excited my mom has been through the process (none of her kids have had a "real" wedding before. Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Being his wife, new last name, our future together. Wedding detail about which you're most excited: I'm anxious to see how our lighting we are having done turns out, and I'm looking forward to just being with all my family (there are so many of us it's just rare for us to all be together for anything) Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): World of Warcraft - it's actually how FI and I met, and we still play together :D
  • edited December 2011
    Name: ErinFI Name: DanWD: 08.21.10Favorite part of wedding planning: Getting ideas from other weddings and seeing all of our ideas coming together. And since I'm planning from out of town, just getting things marked off the list.Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Figuring out the next adventure together. Wedding detail about which you're most excited: Having everyone together. Most of the guests will be from out of town. It will be interesting to see people from all parts of our lives thrown into a room together to have fun and celebrate. Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): Playing with our new puppy.
  • katej78katej78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it's been a few days since this was started, but... Name: Kate FI Name: Dan WD: 5/15/10 Favorite part of wedding planning: So far, designing our STD's. They're my first true DIY! Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Well, we promised each other we could get a dog after the honeymoon. So that, and spending the rest of our lives together. Wedding detail about which you're most excited: Celebrating with all our friends and family. Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): I'm an obsessive knitter.
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris&Jenna: There's also a Wichita/Topeka board. It's actually the board that shows up when searching for local boards in KC (from the drop down menu). Which photobooth company are you using?Soontobemrsavery: Mac n cheese bar? Can I crash your wedding?! Where did you live before KC?Jeni: I'd be happy to share one (or 4) of those bottles of wine with you! lol v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} Blondnette: are you using Louisburg Cider Mill or making your own?Rhilea: Rhiannon is my aunt's name, too! :-)Futuremrsdawes: What kind of lighting are you doing? FI is a WoWer, too! He uses the "Garrosh" server.
  • edited December 2011
    Claire: the apple cider will be provided through Hawthorne House.Although I have been thinking about if we could have some apple cider donuts along with it from Louisburg! :)Which I'm going to tomorrow! I love Fall...
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Name: LindyFI Name: Jerod WD: 10/24/09 - 3 weeks!Favorite part of wedding planning: There have been so many great moments over the past year. I really enjoyed the time in the beginning when there were so many possibilities to explore - food tastings, cake tastings, trying on dresses, visiting reception sites, although it was sometimes stressful. Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Mostly - being his wife. Also - our honeymoon, putting away all the presents that are piled in our entryway that he won't let me use yet, getting a cat, and cutting my hair off!Wedding detail about which you're most excited: At this point I'm exited for the entire day! I can't wait for the first moment he sees me and seeing all our family and friends. Also excited to see our centerpieces - carved craft pumpkins we've been working on for the last year. (They'll be for sale after the wedding for any of you fall brides.)Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Hammys - Well...I kind of came here round-about.  We lived in Orlando, FL... but then we went to London for 3 months, then to New Orleans for about 9months, and now we're here.  And I haven't had a place to ride since Orlando.  :(
  • edited December 2011
    SoonToBeMrsAvery - My FI and I attended a wedding that had jackstack cater it and it was delicous.. but i dont think it could compete with a mac and cheese bar We are using Aramark for out caterer. Our reception site requries us to use their caterer (which is aramark). We are most likely doing their italian buffet (salad, breadsticks, 2 choices of noodles, two choices of sauces, and one meat) its 10.50 a person which is pretty in line with everything else we checked out I believe they also provide water tea and coffee in that price as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm Sierra and my husbands name is Brandon we were married January 10, 2009 in Manhattan, KS. I still come around the boards once in a while.
  • edited December 2011
    Name: ValerieFI Name: ZacharyWD: May 22 2010Favorite part of wedding planning: DIY-- i had no idea i was so crafty!Most looking forward to [blank] after being married: Most looking forward to time together. Right now with both of us working full time and he is also a full time student we don't see a whole lot of wach other. He graduates 2 wks before the wedding and it will be nice to come home to the same house and be able to spend time together every day!!! :)Wedding detail about which you're most excited: 2 things: My cirnoline is purple and i think thats so fun, and we are serving chocolate milkshakes at our recetion because those are our favorite treat to share. :)Your fave NWR past time (w/ or w/o FI): COOKING!
  • edited December 2011
    BubbaLoves - that's an awesome price!  FI originally wanted italian food because its his favorite, but I reminded him we eat italian at least 2 or 3 times a week, lol
  • edited December 2011
    Valerie, love the chocolate milk shake idea!!!  That's so cute!  We almost did sundaes but now we're doing cookies and milk as a late nite snack. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards