Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Costa Rica--Have you stayed at these resorts?

Ok, I realize there is a post about costa rica every few days, but if anyone has been to these resorts i'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback you have...we just can't decide! we are going in june, and would like to just base out of one hotel where we can experience eco-trips, relaxation, a spa day, etc. it doesn't matter if it's on the beach or in the rain forest, because i think both of those places are beautiful in costa rica (correct??) the resorts are: arenal: the springs costa rica arenal nayara tabacon tamarindo: los altos de eros santa teresa: villas hermosas alajuela: pura vida spa thanks!

Re: Costa Rica--Have you stayed at these resorts?

• Options
    I've stayed at Los Altos de Eros twice now, and will likely go back down for a long weekend in the next 6 months or so. It is fabulous! I have a long review from my first trip that I'm happy to send you :)
  • Options
    that would be great! my email is obviously my username :) i would really like us to be able to go to the beach, to the rainforest, do a couple of eco-trips, spa stuff, etc. did they have a restaurant on site? i know they provide drinks, breakfast, lunch, and the two meals included, but what about the rest of the meals? thanks so much!
  • Options
    Didn't stay at Villas Hermosas b/c they were booked and we thought we might prefer having the additional amenities of a resort, but we did stay at Florblanca nearby. Florblanca have Indian Summer rates in June you might want to check out. The beach that Villas Hermosas is on is very pretty and we went there a few times to surf, and Villas Hermosas is a good deal price wise, and tends to get good reviews on tripadvisor. I'd also recommend Pacuare Jungle Lodge, which we LOVED, for a couple nights.
  • Options
    CR is our top choice honeymoon spot but I am feeling anxious about May being rainy. No one can really give me a clear answer as to if you can expect a week straight of rain or if the rain is even a big deal. Does anyone have any insight on traveling to CR during their wet season?
  • Options
    I have not stayed at any of those resorts but recently stayed at another resort at Arenal and it is AMAZING! HAVE FUN!
  • Options
    We stayed at Arenal Nayara and thought it was a beautiful hotel.  We stayed three nights and enjoyed the fact that it was very modern, tropical, and relaxing.  The rooms are very private and the hot tub on the balcony overlooking the volcano was awesome!  The rooms also have outdoor showers.  One of our days we did a horseback ride and waterfalls excursion.  We went to one of the hot springs as well (ecothermales - much more private and much less expensive than tabacon).  The staff at Arenal Nayara were extremely helpful in setting up activities for us.  I think they have a spa on site but we didn't use it.  The included breakfast was very tasty and we actually ate at the restaurant one night and had room service another night, as the hotel is a little ways from the town and we didn't feel like trekking down there.  I can probably think of more details but I'm sure there are plenty of tripadvisor reviews that are better than my ranting :-)  Oh yeah, and we also stayed at the Manatus Hotel in Guanacaste and Paradisus Playa Conchal....like the former and weren't the biggest fans of the latter.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We were at the Springs and it was lovely. I have some photos in my married bio. I would definitely return there if we have a chance to go back to Costa Rica. The drive in is pretty crazy (rent a vehicle that can take some hard-core dirt roads if you're driving yourselves!) but well worth it. The view of Arenal is beautiful, the spa services were awesome, and the food and service was very good. Friends of ours stayed at Tabacon last year, and also loved it there - they came back with rave reviews.
  • Options
    We're heading in October, so no reviews yet. We're staying just outside of San Jose the night we fly in and out at Vista Les Vaille, which came highly recommended. At Arenal, we're staying at the Arenal Observatory Resort, but heard really good things about Nayara too. One of my coworkers raved about La Paz (sp?). He said it was one of the most romantic places he's been. We'd already booked, and lost the energy to switch! We're also staying at a friend's home outside of Tambor. Good luck, and have fun!
  • Options
    oops... we're going in November (wedding October 31st.. keep forgetting its ALREADY October)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards