Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Florida Honeymoon

My FI and I arelooking into going to Destin, Florida for our honeymoon.  Has anyone been there before?  Advice on places to stay, and things to do are appreciated

TIA

Re: Florida Honeymoon

• Options
    I'm going to put in my two cents here since Im from this area.  Destin is beautiful. Sandestin even more beautiful....but if you head further toward Seaside.  This is a resort town.  Did you ever see the movie, The Truman Show?  This was filmed in Seaside. Seaside is beautiful...like mega beautiful....like amazing.  People ride bicycles all over and all the house are like cape cod style (I think that's the style).  Oh, I love it.  The resort in that area is called Watercolor.  It's excellent!!  You can either book their hotel or you can book one of the cottages.  It's pricey...but it might be in your range.

If you end up going to Destin, make sure you plan a trip that way to Seaside. Trust me!!  Sweet little shops, amazing beach pavillions, atmosphere.

Can you tell I love it?

There, that's my two cents! :)
  • Options
    I'm also in FL and I can't speak for Destin or Seaside, but if it were me I'd want something on the west coast, where the beaches have sugar white sand which is so much nicer for walking (it's even, compacted, smooth like talcum). Something like St. Pete Beach, Sanibel Island, Captiva, or Marco Island. But then I've never been to Seaside, I'll check that out for a future weekend trip!
  • Options
    Um, I need to learn my Florida geography! Just looked it up and realized Destin IS on the (upper) west coast of FL. Oops...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards