Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii vs. St. Lucia??

debating between Hawaii and St. Lucia.. HELP!!

Re: Hawaii vs. St. Lucia??

• st lucia
    Spring Break 2013
  • My vote is Hawaii.. I have never been to St. Lucia but I have been to many other islands in the Carribean (St. John, St. Thomas, Grand Cayman, St. Croix, San Juan) and have been to Mexico a bunch as well as Jamaica and HAWAII by far was the best trip I have ever been on in my life. So that is my vote
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hawaii!!! My friend did the Sandals St. Lucia and said the food was typical all inclusive garbage!
  • I don't think there's much comparision. Hawaii all the way!!!!
  • One of the biggest differences is price.  Hawaii is way more expensive than St. Lucia.  Another is distance.  How much time do you have and where in the U.S. do you live?  If you live on the West Coast, Hawaii's alot closer (less traveling time, more enjoying time) than St. Lucia, and vice versa if you live on the East Coast.
  • What kind of honeymoon are you looking for? I've been to both and really liked them both...they're both lush and beautiful. Hawaii has the ability to be much more action packed. You didn't mention which islands you'd be considering. The closest to St. Lucia would be Kauai- green, laidback, not too much to do besides explore and hike and relax. We visited Maui in July and did a lot of activities. It was our choice not to relax too much, though. It looks like you're in NJ. If you're looking for a laidback, relaxing, intimate honeymoon where you lounge around most of the day, I'd do St. Lucia for sure. It wouldn't make as much sense to me to fly all the way from the East Coast to Hawaii to hang out and relax. If you want more excursions and driving around to explore, do Hawaii. Maybe if you research hotels in different places and check out their pics/reviews on Trip Advisor you'll have a gut feeling about where you want to go? I'm a sucker for people's travel photos- once I get my heart set on a resort, that's where I want to go. :)
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • For those of you that suggested Hawaii do you have any suggestions on where to go or where to stay so I could do some research?? Thanks!!!
  • Been to both - Hawaii multiple times, b/c I live on West Coast, St. Lucia once. I'd say the accommodations in St. Lucia are more varied - for example, Anse Chastenet and Jade Mountain offer much different type of accommodations from the typical resorts in Hawaii. St. Lucia seemed a little more lush, more islandy, less American (as it isn't the US), etc. Fun to explore. You can visit some old forts, hike, jungle bike, snorkel, try out restaurants, etc. Nice Caribbean flavor/energy. Hawaii's water, beaches, and snorkeling seemed nicer to me, which is saying something b/c in general the other Caribbean islands I've visited have won out on that regard. The people are a bit friendlier. You don't have to worry about anything since you're still in the US. Some Polynesian flavor, but still the US. Somewhat better food (the British occupied St. Lucia and that didn't help their cuisine ;)). Snorkeling is good, if you go to the right spots, fun hikes and activities, can explore different beaches. But more built up. Both were great - depends on what kind of vibe you want.
  • We went to Maui and stayed at the Fairmont and the Grand Wailea and they were AMAZING!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have any of you ever heard of Kona Village in Hawaii?? Any reviews?
  • The Kona Village Resort is the only all-inclusive resort in the Hawaiian islands chain however it does NOT include unlimited alcohol. It's a really beautiful resort. it's meant to be a complete get-away though...no TVs, no alarm clocks, no telephones in the hales. Their luau is the best on the island, we've been three times!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards