Wisconsin

Flowers

Hey Ladies,Im in the process of finding a florist or a person to do my wedding flowers. Can you recommend a florist? Do you know someone that does silk flower bouquets,boutinaires etc... I appreciate any information you may have.TIA

Re: Flowers

• edited December 2011
    We used Belle Fiori for our flowers and they were super easy to work with and actually surprised me with tulips (my favorite flowers) in September for no extra charge - which is just one way they went above and beyond with their service. I would also try Forget-Me-Knot in Brookfield. The shop opened over the summer, so they are really reasonably priced, and have lots of experience before the shop opened. 
  • edited December 2011
    Try Petals Floral Design in Wauwatosa.  Carrie has an office in the back of her house.  She gets good reviews and is reasonably priced.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks
  • mrsloatmrsloat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT GO WITH BELLE FIORI!  They messed up my checking account by charging the wrong card.  I don't even know how she had my debit card still on file since I had used it to reserve the date with them A YEAR PRIOR, she must have written it down without my consent to do so.  2 weeks before my wedding this mistake that she made froze both of my checking accounts, keep in mind this is when all payments are due!  It took her SEVERAL days to refund the money back to me.  On the wedding day (10/3/09) all of our bouquets were WILTED and I actually had the photographer take a photo with a time stamp on it to prove that it was only 1 hour after she delivered them and rose heads had fallen completly off and were all over the church and the greenery on the bottom of the bouquets had wilted over our hands and we ended up just having to tear out the flowers that were wilting so that the pictures wouldn't look bad.  She gave my strict instructions to return the rental items on Monday because they were closed for that type of thing on Sundays and if I waited to return them until after my honeymoon I would have to pay for another rental.  At my reception, the banquet manager came to me twice and said that the florist confused her about if she was coming or not to pick up everything and I assured her that I was instructed by Emily to return them Monday.  I found out that someone showed up THAT SAME NIGHT after my reception after we went through all of the trouble of getting the tall candle vases up to our room, someone showed up to pick them up.  My reception hall let me know that they were upset that they were up in our room and that they gave them heck for it!  Then I found out that they showed up at like 8am to pick them up again!  I was told that she had attitude AGAIN with my hall about them not being ready to be picked up!  SHE NEVER CALLED ME! 
  • mrsloatmrsloat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Continuing based on my last post...  She never called me to ask me to have them ready or to let me know that she had changed her mind and had decided to pick them up!  This is upsetting because being freshly married, the last thing I want to continually hear about is that my florist is causing issues with picking up items that I was specifically told to return!  I paid $2000 for my flowers and I am still very upset about her freezing my bank accounts and having dead bouquets.  I work in the wedding industry and I used to recommend Belle Fiori but I never again will do that.  DO NOT USE BELLE FIORI!  There are many other florists with great reputations such as Bank of Memories and Flowers, May Flowers, etc... I only chose Belle Fiori because the price was the lowest out of all of the florists I looked into.  Everything else for our wedding was beautiful and perfect and now I have to just shrug this off because there is nothing I can do other than make sure that others do not make the same mistake as me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards