North Carolina-Outer Banks

Forever Moore rental home in Hatteras

Hi ladies, I'm new to these posts and am in need of assistance. Has anyone rented the Forever Moore even home through Hatteras Realty to have their wedding? We booked the property for our May/2010 wedding but are a little concerned with the lack of exterior space. Looks like we're going to have our ceremony on the beach and the reception inside the house. Also, has anyone used or been in contact with Kylie from Outback kitchen? We're thinking of using her to cater our reception, but she's kinda difficult to get ahold of! Thanks in advance for any feedback! :-)

Re: Forever Moore rental home in Hatteras

• hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I can't help with Forever Moore specifically, but it is a beautiful home! We checked it out when we were in Hatteras last month. My FI loved it and wanted to rent it but it was a little out of our budget. But we found another home in Hatteras for our wedding and it also does not have a lot of outdoor space. Our plan is to have the ceremony on the beach and have the first part of the reception inside the house (food, cake, etc.). Then I think we will move down to the pool area for a more relaxed atmosphere (drinks, dancing) I'm sure some will stay upstairs on the deck area and what not, but I would like some part of it outside. I've also been in contact with Kylie, we actually met with her last month. She is super nice! We have family friends that have offered to cater for us but Kylie is going to do our wedding cake. Have you tried e-mailing her? She has always responded to mine in a day or two. Laura
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • chouch69chouch69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Laura, Thanks for the info. We checked out Forever Moore when we were in Hatteras and it is an amazing home. My fear is that it will rain on our special day and we'll have to have the ceremony, reception and dancing inside the house! Guess that's the fear of all brides that are planning a beach wedding, huh? :-) I emailed Kylie a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. She's probably really busy. I've heard wonderful things about her...that she's easy to work with and, like you said, she's super nice! Are you using a planner? I contacted Sally from Over the Top and I think she's going to help with the planning and flowers. Thanks again! Eva
    edited December 2011
    I worry about the weather but until it gets a little closer I try to keep it out of my head. It helps keep me a little saner.. lol. Maybe give her another day or two and send it again. I know Sep/Oct is definitely their busy season down there, as well as May/June. She is very easy to work with, she seems like she'll accommodate for anything. No, we're not using a planner. I'm finding that a lot of the vendors I have talked to are more then welcome to give you information about other vendors. I am using Every Blooming Thing as my florist and Jinny the owner is awesome and has given me multiple vendor recommendations. Plus they are located right in Frisco so thats great to. Have you booked a photographer yet? Laura
    Hatteras, North Carolina
  • chouch69chouch69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Laura, No, no photographer yet. We're still deciding on how long we want to book one for...ceremony and a bit of reception or what??? How about you...thinking of any photographer in particular? Eva
    edited December 2011
    Hey Eva, I'm looking into Daniel Pullen and his wife. We're still unsure about how long we want also but I'm thinking at least 5 hours or so. Laura
    Hatteras, North Carolina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards