North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hair and Makeup Rec's

Hey y'all. Originally we were going to have a family friend come up from VA to do our hair, but that plan fell through. So now I'm looking somewhere locally in the Outer Banks (near Kill Devil Hills) to have my hair and makeup done, as well as hair done for three out of four bridesmaids (the fourth has a really short, cropped hairstyle). Any suggestions for someone good but not outrageously priced?

Re: Hair and Makeup Rec's

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_hair-and-makeup-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:2fcd3fef-4c9e-4eaf-9f60-105d1786326bPost:962f6e5f-fa48-4132-bf1b-20f991d5d3f0">Hair and Makeup Rec's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey y'all. Originally we were going to have a family friend come up from VA to do our hair, but that plan fell through. So now I'm looking somewhere locally in the Outer Banks (near Kill Devil Hills) to have my hair and makeup done, as well as hair done for three out of four bridesmaids (the fourth has a really short, cropped hairstyle). Any suggestions for someone good but not outrageously priced?
    Posted by CourtaniaLynn[/QUOTE]

We are looking into Bombshell Studio. They seem to have really great reviews and from what I've seen from researching their prices are reasonable. I looked into Hairoics and their prices were a lot more than Bombshell. Hot Heads has good ratings too and I think their prices are similar to Bombshell. I haven't decided on who to go with for hair and makeup either, yet. Good luck!
  • It's Royalty Salon in Manteo is where I'm getting my hair and makeup done.  I know that's a little far though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loved Bomshells!  Hairoics is a nice salon too.  Bomshells travels to you, though they do charge a travel fee.  Both saved my hair during wedding week (Bombshells did the day-of, makeup too, and Hairoics fixed some heinous highlights).  I'd say that either one would be great to go with!
    image June 22, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_hair-and-makeup-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:2fcd3fef-4c9e-4eaf-9f60-105d1786326bPost:0d5be4ed-f644-432f-bb95-c43cd57e6e99">Re: Hair and Makeup Rec's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loved Bomshells!  Hairoics is a nice salon too.  Bomshells travels to you, though they do charge a travel fee.  Both saved my hair during wedding week (Bombshells did the day-of, makeup too, and Hairoics fixed some heinous highlights).  I'd say that either one would be great to go with!
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]
    Mind if I ask how much they charged to travel directly to you? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had ours done at the Sanderling. It helped that we were getting married there. But pricing was similar to all of the other salons, and the plus is multiple people could have their hair done at the same time, so it took 3 hours for my hair/make-up, 3 bridesmaids and my mom's hair to be done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! If you ask Amber from Bombshell's for a quote she will give you one (that includes her traveling fee).  I am staying in South Nags Head so her traveling fee is $160.  I also asked her if there was any way to reduce it and she basically said that is her standard fee.  Good luck!
  • I think her traveling fee is also relative to what/who she has to bring.  We only had 3 people having anything done, so her fee was $100 (unless it's increased since June).
    image June 22, 2012
  • I'm also having Bombshell's do our hair and makeup.  She is traveling to the 4x4 area with 2 people and charging $150 for the travel fee.
  • I am also using Bombshell's do my hair and make-up and 9 other people and she charged $130 for 4 total people to come to our rental house in Southern Shores as the travel fee.  I definitely think it is based on the number of people she needs to bring with her as well as distance.

Hope this helps!
  • I know that Bombshell's prices are based on the complexity of the style and length of the hair, but can anyone give me an idea of what they paid for their hair? What I'm going for is relatively simple - the bridesmaids are going to have a braid that goes across their head (like a headband) and a simple updo in the back. My hair is going to be similar but a little more extensive.

For me
  • Mine was $85, bridesmaids were $65. It was a flat rate, not based on the hair at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_hair-and-makeup-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:2fcd3fef-4c9e-4eaf-9f60-105d1786326bPost:b3994540-897e-4847-be08-ab8b9867beb3">Re: Hair and Makeup Rec's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! If you ask Amber from Bombshell's for a quote she will give you one (that includes her traveling fee).  I am staying in South Nags Head so her traveling fee is $160.  I also asked her if there was any way to reduce it and she basically said that is her standard fee.  Good luck!
    Posted by doceri[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!  I submitted a quote request on the website today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards