South Carolina-Charleston

Duvall?

Does anyone have any experince with Duvall Catering? I had an appointment with them and was so impressed but I am worried that they are overpriced.  On the upside, they do absolutely everything for you so you have no stress.  Please help before I make a decision!!!

Re: Duvall?

• 2005sylvia2005sylvia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception site?  My friend got married this past fall at the Boone Hall Cotton Dock.  They did an AMAZING job decorating the place, hung fabric, made cozy sitting niches...very classy and chic! 

The food was ok...they had a family style (which I loved the concept) but it did not really compute on the table.  The food was luke warm, at best by the time it got to us and went around the table...If you go with them, I suggest a seated dinner where each guests gets a plate vs. family style!

Hope this helped!
  • edited December 2011
    You should check into Cafe Catering. I am going with them, they offer a lot with their services as well, and they are so easy to work with and willing to go the extra mile. They will work within your budget as well.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard from other brides that they are WAY overpriced....but they can do the decor also...im not sure about the food because we did not do a tasting with them.

We are also going with Cafe Catering and their food and pricing and displays are absolutely amazing.
  • LindseyH6554LindseyH6554 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also going with Cafe Catering.  Their food is delicious and the pricing was great!  Definitely worth looking into!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ZagarigmZagarigm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all SOO much. You really helped me make the decision...i Think were going with Cafe.  We are getting married at Legare Waring and at first we were so impressed by Duvall but when we started looking at the numbers it looked like we werent getting much for our money.  I love the idea that Duvall does everything by themselves though or through other rental companies. But I heard that Lauren Miller at Cafe can handle everything for you! 

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards