Colorado-Denver

Photographer in Fort Collins

I've heard good things about Chris Gentile. I just visited the website and saw they are offering referral incentives. Depending on reviews, we may go that way. Anyone want to be a referral for them? Or have any other suggestions for the Fort Collins Area?
Shellie & Ken 10-22-11

Re: Photographer in Fort Collins

• VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using him.  I really liked his work, really liked him when we first met, liked our e-pic but - I must admit - I'm not feeling 100% comfortable with him at 16 days out.  It may be because I'm just kind of stress ball in general right now and the anxiety of having good wedding pictures is getting to me. Are you getting married in Ft. Collins? 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Chris for my wedding in August. I'll preface by saying that I really didn't care about photography. Like, at all. I wanted cheap, and the only other photographer I found in chris's price range was real photography, who was too artsy for me.That said, I thought Chris did a great job. He was personable, efficient (which was great, because I didn't want to spend a lot of time doing formals), and good at controlling a crowd. I'm not 100% happy with the pictures, but that's almost entirely due to me. I didn't get some of the detail shots I wanted (menu cards, programs, etc.) because I didn't tell him I wanted them, and also we were taking formals during any time that he would have had to slip over to the reception hall to get those shots. I would have done more formals with DH (i think), but because I was so excited to get on with the reception, I hurried through them.If I could do it all over again, I would book chris again, but I would be more specific in which pictures I wanted, and I would have alotted more time for photography. Well...I say that now, but on the wedding day, I was so happy to get to spend that time with friends and family. So who knows really.Anyway, I hope that review helped your decision! If you want to see my pictures, you can get them at http://www.galleries.chrisgentilephotography.com/g/leigh_and_joe
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. Fran - I hope it's just pre-wedding nerves. Please let me know after how you liked him, if you don't mind. Leigh - Your pictures were lovely. did you get married in FC? Sorry, I didn't think to check your bio before posting And I hope I got both of your names right.
    Shellie & Ken 10-22-11
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Shellie - yup, I got married at St. Joseph's in downtown FoCo, and had my reception at the Tapestry House in LaPorte.
  • VAtoCOVAtoCO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shellie,I'll definitely let you know how it goes.  (I should be back on-line by the second week of November, but definitely page me if I don't post anything....I have a feeling I might be a little scattered post-honeymoon b/c I'll be moving.)If you are getting married in Ft. Collins, that may be a big advantage with Chris, too.  I'm in Denver and he's definitely not familiar with the area.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I more than HIGHLY recommend Samantha Brynn. Her and her husband do an AMAZING job. In fact we are doing family pictures with them next week, and I will never want to use another professional photographer again.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recommendation. Her work looks really good. I've been checking out other photographers also. Most of the recommendations on the Colorado board are more for the Denver area and I really don't want to pay extra for travel when I know there have to be fantastic people closer to me.
    Shellie & Ken 10-22-11
  • edited December 2011
    Samantha Brynn - I meant to say her work is really awesome. I recognized some of the places - is she located in Estes Park? it didn't say on her website.
    Shellie & Ken 10-22-11
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they have fantastic work. I feel their price packages is very reasonable too. We are actually meeting them in Loveland for our family pictures, but she didn't charge us for the travel when we got married. Great people.
  • edited December 2011
    No actually they live in Fort Collins.
  • edited December 2011
    Even better. That's probably where we will end up getting married.
    Shellie & Ken 10-22-11
  • edited December 2011
    Well good luck! I hope you have as great of an experience with her as I did! I cant want to see pics :)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Chris last year for our June wedding... we were his first CO wedding & I loved him! He did a great job for both our wedding & my brother's wedding last September... If you would like to look through albums mine is in my siggy & I can give you access to my brother's.... Chris has impressed all of us... we had 8 weddings in our family last year & everyone was more impressed with our pictures than their own...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards