Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Opinions: Braces?

on your teeth, as an adult.I really want them for my snaggle tooth I have. I know you can barely notice it, but I do. Any one do invisiline? Opinions on the matter?

Re: Opinions: Braces?

• Options
    I'm gonna need to see your snaggle tooth.
  • Options
    adult braces for the short term are better than snaggle toothfor the long term
  • Options
    A friend of mine used invisiline, she had really great results. If you can afford it and it's important to you then go for it!
  • Options
    I had my braces taken off two yeas ago. I loved them. I love my perfect straight teeth now. They hurt like hell at frist, but the results are well worth it.
  • Options
    Talk to your dentist about what they recommend. I thought whitening and invisiline would be best for me, but ended up going with whitening + vaneers at my dentists recommendation. Insanely good results.
  • Options
    I just looked at your bio.  You do not have a snaggle tooth.
  • Options
    I have snaggle snooth, I wanted invisilign but they cost about as much as my wedding is going to cost, $5,000 w/o insurance.
  • Options
    Oh and I was 31 when I got mine removed :)
  • Options
    Have you looked into have bonding or a veneer on that tooth? If it is just one tooth I wouldn't get a full mouth of braces.
  • Options
    Ok, I just looked at your bio and I see no snaggle tooth. Your teeth look pretty damn perfect as they are now.
  • Options
    oooh bonding, I forgot that could be an option for one tooth! Yes, I will definitely talk to my dentist, but I also wanted to know personal experiences. And yes, I have a snaggle when you catch it in the right angle. Let me see if I can find a good pic...
  • Options
    I see no snaggle tooth but I totally understand wanting perfect teeth.
  • Options
    I'm bonded straight across the top (see photos, not too bad). Bonding can fix everything from a chipped tooth, tooth shape or position.
  • Options
    Ok, I just looked at your bio and I see no snaggle tooth. Your teeth look pretty damn perfect as they are now. Like there was a chance in hell I would put a snaggle pic in my bio ;) But thanks! I do know it isn't that bad. It just bothers me personally. To be honest, it probably isn't even worth the money it will take to correct it.
  • Options
    Honestly, when I see an adult with braces, I don't give it a second thought. It's actually great that they are now able to do that for themselves. I had a friend that used Invisaline and it was great for her. It is more expensive and I think it may take longer to correct the problem. Talk you your DDS.
  • Options
    One veneer costs around $1000, and it takes a couple hours to do. WAY cheaper and faster than braces. I'm really happy with mine.
  • Options
    If it bothers you, get them fixed. I got my braces off about 4 weeks ago. It was my second time with them. No big deal to have them, and I decided to get them while I could afford them - before my kids need them!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    look at the right hand side... I will try to find a closer up pic...[img]http://tinyurl.com/yksrhjx[/img]
  • Options
    Your teeth look great. Are you talking about a tooth that sticks out a bit more?
  • Options
    Meghan, I see nothing wrong with that. Yes, the tooth isn't totally aligned, but I don't think it's distracting or draws attention. I only notice because you are asking about it. If it does bother you enough and it has for some time, talk to your DDS, it might be that you would only need braces for a short time and it might be worth the money.
  • Options
    Yeah it is really only at certain bad angles. $1000.00 might be worth it lpstl... [img]http://tinyurl.com/yzg5jc9[/img]
  • Options
    yeah yeah I am a huge baby sometimes about this stuff. :) Thanks for the tips though ladies, I am glad that it seems I may not HAVE to get braces if I want to fix the tooth.
  • Options
    confession: i have veneers. knottie goheels has braces! page her.
  • Options
    My Mom had braces just a few years ago (someone offered them to her for free as a thank you for my Dad teaching their son in camp, and she was, free?  Yes please!).  I think it's great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had invisilign during college.  You can only have mild to moderate imperfections with invisilign.  I would make an appointment with an orthodontist to talk with them about it.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I definitely wouldn't do braces, that'd be overkill. If you do decide on veneers you should know it's not exactly a walk in the park.The dentist will numb you up then file down that tooth by about 50% (front & bottom). Then they'll take a mold, and put a temporary veneer on you. For the next week you'll need to avoid using that tooth to really bite down on anything hard, because it could pop off (happened to me twice, not fun). After a week or two you'll go back in and have the permanent veneer put on. You'll never be able to use that tooth to bite down on something really hard, that shouldn't be too big of a deal for you considering which tooth it is though.
  • Options
    I did braces as an adult, top and bottom, for basically the same reason you are interested. One tooth that only bothered me. I have to say, it wasn't worth it...at all. The orthodontist assured me that they would correct the problem...over a year later, virtually no change at all. He said Invisiline would have created even less of a change. My vote is no braces unless it's a huge problem that other people notice or your orthodontist can put it in writing that your teeth will be improved. I was really disappointed in the outcome, and my orthodontist acted like the change I had was pretty typical of adult braces unless there was a huge problem to begin with? Maybe I just had a really awful orthodontist though...
  • Options
    hmmm insteresting point Sosweet... lpstl, I am a HUGE coffee and red wine drinker so I would have to be very conscious of that for sure.
  • Options
    Same here (at least before I got knocked up), my dentist did mine slightly whiter than the rest of my teeth as a precaution, (plus I whiten with professional products). I got them about a year ago, and I think they may have dulled a tiny bit, but no one else notices.
  • Options
    Just talk to an orthodontist.  It is possible you wouldn't have to have braces for long if you did them because there is minimal correction.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards