Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

photographer and planner?

Does anyone have recommendations for a photographer and wedding coordinator.I am an OOT bride and want a planner to handle the whole thing.  I also want my photographer to be local (as opposed to coming from my hometown).If you have price info, that would be GREAT!!thanks!

Re: photographer and planner?

• Options
    cutieliz70056cutieliz70056 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam Gregory is a great photog. He is very budget friendly (under 2000) and he does photojounalistic work. I was way impressed with our engagement!!HTH!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of great photographers in NOLA. I am also OOT and chose a local photographer cause they know more about where to shoot and about the venue. Photographers I've found through googling and looking at other brides shoots are: Steve Random (he'll be my photographer) Kristin Guin David Daigrepont Sam Gregory Matt Foster Studio Tran Julia Bailey Marc Pagani Scott Myers Michael Caswell Elizaebeth Dondis I'm sure there are tons more! I feel like most of these photographers are photojournalistic. I would just google and check out their website prices. Since I won't be able to do the engagement shoot with Steve, he is letting us do a trash the dress session or bridal shoot in the French Quarter 2 days after my wedding. As for wedding planners, I know Emily at Get Polished does some planning. She can also be used for hair and make-up. Good luck and happy planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, just want to clarify the photographer I'm using is Steven Randon (not Random!)
  • Options
    arhatcharhatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matt Foster for sure! He's also budget friendly under 2000. His work is amazing. A lot of the girls here recommend him! www.matthewfosterphotography.com I've only done my e-pics with him so far. If you want to see them I'd be happy to share.
  • Options
    meganfauermeganfauer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Studio Tran and were so pleased!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dani_pete11dani_pete11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marc Pagani. He was named best artistic wedding photojournalist not too long ago (after we had already booked him, but I don't think his prices went up because of the award) and he has been great to work with so far. His work is really unique. I guess if you wanted more traditional photos, he would not be the one, but if you want really unique stuff that you could put on your wall as art, he would be a good way to go. Michele ADams is a good coordinator, too. We met with her and really liked her but decided to do all of the planning on our own after all. Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rick King as our photographer. He has really great prices and packages. I know tha our package is around 2950.00 and includes 2 photographers  Engagement Photos, Bridal Photos, and unlimited coverage on the wedding day.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do Kristin Guin.  I met with her and didn't feel comfy with her at all.Our photog is Tyler Vance. He is out of Hammond and is amazing! He has shot hundreds of weddings in NOLA.
  • Options
    marleemillermarleemiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently hired Andrea Patton with A Perfect Affair as my day of wedding planner.  I am also an out of town bride.  She said that most of her clients are out of town.  Her prices were by far the most reasonable for day of services, although I cannot speak to her "entire wedding planning" prices, because I don't know.  I was not able to meet her in person before hiring her but she has done events at my venue before. She has also worked with my photographer (Michael Caswell before).  I would definitely contact her.  As far as photographer, what I really like about Michael is that he has several different options for the wedding album. Also, I'm a lawyer and really liked his contract...I thought it was very reasonable in comparison to some of the other photographer contracts I had seen.
  • Options
    e.everette.everett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Michelle Adams as our planner and I cannot say enough wonderful things! She has been super helpful and is keeping the stress low
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am considering hiring a planner for day of, but haven't contacted any yet.  I would also love to have price info. 
  • Options
    AnneMargaretAnneMargaret member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using A Moment in Time photography. amoment-in-time.com. I'm getting the biggest package which includes 2 photographers for 8 hours, a lot of pictures printed, and all of the pics on a cd w/ copyright release, for $1,450. She lives on the Westbank and works out of her house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards