Florida-North Florida

Disaster

My FSIL is getting married today. So far things have been an absolute DISASTER. The DJ backed out at the last minute, due to the fact of them wanting traditional Romanian music to please half of the guests. Its going to be like a middle school dance all the Romanians on one side, and the Americans on the other. The limo is the wrong size and color. Black instead of white. When they went to pick up flowers yesterday they were not there. They were lost. When they did get there they were the wrong colors. They also had half of the suits the wrong size, and a few were the wrong color. The FMIL is an absolute PSYCHO and I am so glad that when we get married it will be in FL and not here in Michigan where she is. She also went behind the brides back to order special "sweets" to please the Romanian people. They are also making special food behind the caterers back for them as well since the Romanian people expect the party to be catered to them, and they base their wedding gifts, $$$, off from the party. The parents are so worried that they are going to be an embarressment at the party. They also upped the wedding from 75 people to double that to invite everyone in the Romanian community that has ever had contact with the family. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Re: Disaster

• jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, your porr FSIL!  I hope that the day gets better for her. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *porr = poor
  • katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes.
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy hell! I'm going to finish my cherry vodka and diet coke now...Hugs to FSIL.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like the wedding I would have had if I let my Ecuadorean side of the family plan things. I really hope things turned out alright.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, fortunately some things turned out good enough that it weighed out the bad. Opened my eyes up MUCH more to making sure that the planning is paid more attention to, and the reputation, and reviews of people. The photog ducked out early without even saying anything :( BOOOO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards