Moms and Maids

I'm a MIL!

Hi ladies,It was awesome.  Not everything clcked along, but she let it go and had the best day of her life.  The tux place was able to fix the situation and my hubby looked very handsome.  I'll post in a couple of days with a bunch more details.The biggest good blessing was that the worldwide weather prayers paid off and while it was cloudy, IT DID NOT RAIN!!!!!!  I felt like someone had handed me a million dollars.Thank you all for your support here, both seen and unseen.  I am beyond grateful.  Y'all are the best.Other than the day she was born, it was the best day of my life.  does it get any better than this?  More later!
My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: I'm a MIL!

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I have goosebumps reading that because I so easily remember that same joy I felt.  So glad it was such a wonderful day and looking forward to those details!
  • edited December 2011
    So glad to hear that everything went well.  Looking forward to reading all the details.  Any chance you'll be able to post some pictues??????
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait til next June and our big day! BTW, I need a thermos and crazy straw!
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Welcome New Orleans MOB - Strawberry Shortcake seems to be the current rage for the thermos!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay Mama Muffin!  I'm so glad to hear that you had a glorious day.  We had the weather gods on our side too for DD's wedding. Cloudy and overcast all day until she reached the end of the aisle when they sun made a bright appearance.  Then during their (indoor) reception, it started to rain, and we all cheered.....because it had waited.Enjoy looking at the photos now, and enjoying the heavenly memories.  I'm so happy for you and muffin and your new SIL, and your handsome DH.  How wonderful to carry those memories.Didn't you just LOVE watching her come down the aisle?  And did you take a quick glance at your SIL to see his face?  As the commercial says:  priceless.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Good point on the SIL's expression Trix.  My 1st DD and SIL had all their pics taken before the ceremony and I do have to say that when she came down that aisle, the expression on his face was just as priceless and magical as if he hadn't yet seen her.  Then again, I happen to really adore that particluar SIL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards